main navigation
my pace
Graduate Admission

What graduate programs are offered by Pace University?
Pace University offers 100+ master's, doctoral, certificate, and dual degree programs in the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, College of Health Professions, Lubin School of Business, School of Education, and Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems. A complete list of graduate level programs, by campus, can be found at the following link: Degrees and Programs

Does Pace University offer any Doctoral/PhD programs?

Pace University offers eight doctoral degrees in a variety of different subject areas. View complete list below. 

College of Health Professions - Lienhard School of Nursing

Dyson College of Arts and Sciences

Lubin School of Business

Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems

Where is Pace University located?
Pace University hosts graduate-degree programs at its New York City Campus and Westchester Campus. More information about Pace University’s campus locations.

Where should I mail hardcopy versions of my application supporting documents?
Whenever possible, Pace prefers to receive documents electronically, either via your Application Dashboard or your home institution's electronic transcript network. However, if electronic copies are not available, hardcopy documents may be mailed to:

Pace University
Graduate Admission Office

One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038

What is the deadline for admission?
Graduate application deadlines vary by program. The majority of our programs have a suggested deadline of August 1st, for domestic students applying for fall semester, and December 1st for domestic students applying for spring. International student deadlines are two months earlier. Some master's and doctorate programs have unique deadlines and enrollment semesters. For the most up-to-date list of application deadlines please refer to the Graduate Application Deadlines web page.

How much does it cost to attend Pace University’s graduate programs?
Cost for attending Pace University is different for each graduate program. Detailed information about tuition and fees can be found at the following link: Graduate Program Tuition and Fees

What types of Financial Aid does Pace University offer?

Note: Additional FAQ specific to financial aid can be found on the Graduate Financial Aid FAQ web page.

Pace University offers merit scholarships, which are awarded based upon a prospective student's application for admission. A separate application is not necessary. Your application for admissions serves as your application for the merit scholarship. Students are notified of merit scholarships in their acceptance package.

The MS in Publishing program offers additional scholarships for which you can apply. Information can be found at the link: Scholarships and Assistantships available to Publishing students.

Additionally, students can apply for a Graduate Assistantship, in which they will work for a faculty member or department and receive a discount on their tuition and a small stipend in return. Graduate Assistantships are available in each college or school, but only MPA, PsyD, and Publishing students are eligible for Dyson Graduate Assistantships.

Domestic students may also apply for Federal and State financial assistance by filling out the Free Application For Federal Student Aid. Private loans are also an option. To learn more about Pace's graduate school financing options, please visit our graduate Financial Aid web page. The Pace university FAFSA codes are: New York City - 002791, Westchester (Pleasantville) - 002792.

Is on campus housing available for graduate students?
Pace University offers graduate students University housing at each of its main campuses. In New York City, graduate students are housed in 55 John Street and 33 Beekman Street. Graduate students enrolled at the Westchester campuses are housed at Dannat Hall located at the Pace Law School in nearby White Plains, NY. Eligible graduate students must be matriculated and enrolled full-time, with a course load of at least nine credits per semester.

More information about student housing can be found on the Office of Housing and Residential Life website.

Is the GRE or GMAT required for admission to the graduate programs?

Lubin School of Business

  • The GMAT/GRE or eligibility for a test waiver of the examination is required for admission. Applicants to the MS and MBA programs will be considered for a GMAT/GRE waiver if they possess an overall cumulative undergraduate average of 3.0 or greater for 4 years of undergraduate study. Due to the conditions surrounding the Coronavirus and the limited access to the GMAT & GRE, the faculty of the Lubin School of Business will accept and review applications without the GMAT or GRE score report. This test waiver applies to Fall 2020 applications for admission.  
  • If you are an MBA applicant who already holds a business-related master's or doctoral degree, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE.
  • If you are applying for the MS Financial Management, MS Financial Risk Management and MS Investment Management and have passed Level 1 of the CFA exam or Level 1 of FRM exam, you will be considered for a waiver of  the GMAT/GRE requirement. If you are applying for the MS in Human Resources Management and have a minimum of three years of human resources experience in a managerial position, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE. Résumé will be required supported by letters of recommendation.
  • If you are applying for the MS in Taxation and are currently a CPA, CMA, or have been admitted to the bar, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE also

Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems

  • The GRE is not required for admission to the Seidenberg School unless an applicant has a three year degree from a foreign university.
  • The GRE is required for applicants interested in applying for a Graduate Assistantship.

Dyson College Arts and Sciences

  • A GRE score for the MA in Psychology is optional.
  • A general GRE score, no more than five years old, is required for the MSEd in School Psychology, PsyD in School/ Clinical Child Psychology, PhD program in Clinical Psychology (Health Emphasis) and the PhD in Mental Health Counseling. While not mandated for initial admission, the Psychology subject exam may later be required of candidates in the MSEd. PhD and PsyD programs.

School of Education

  • All individuals applying to the MST and MSEd in Educational Leadership - School District Business Leader applicants must submit a GRE score for admission based on a new law approved by the New York State Legislature.
  • The School of Education applies a holistic approach to application review in which a degree candidate's quantitative and qualitative factors are evaluated for admission eligibility. Standardized test scores will not have more significance than any other application requirements.

What is the code to report test scores to Pace University?
The score reporting code is 2635 for New York City campus and 2644 for the Westchester campus. These codes are valid for all programs and all standardized tests.

Is an English language proficiency exam (e.g. TOEFL) required for admission to Pace University?
If you earned a bachelor's degree (or 120+ credits) in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand, you do not have to submit a TOEFL IELTS, or Pearson PTE score—all other applicants will be required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score that is no more than two years old. To view these requirements for Pace graduate programs, please visit our TOEFL/IELTS Requirements web page.

The Admission Committee may, however, require additional testing if, for example, as a result of materials submitted as part of your application or communications with you, there are concerns about your ability to read, write, and speak English sufficiently to meet the demands of your intended curriculum. In this case, or if your TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson PTE score is below the guideline stated above, your admission will be conditioned upon your successful completion of an intensive English-language program at Pace University's English Language Institute (ELI) or a similar program approved by Pace University's ELI.

How many letters of recommendation are required for admission?
Two recommendations from individuals who can knowledgeably comment on your ability to successfully complete graduate study are required. These references may be academic or professional, and must be forwarded in sealed envelopes. Note: Applicants to the two MSEd in School Psychology programs, the PsyD program, or the PhD in Mental Health Counseling must submit three letters of recommendation. Applicants to the Actors Studio MFA must submit one academic and one professional recommendation. Visit the Forms and Brochures page to access the Recommendation Form. 

Do you accept any transfer credits from other graduate programs?
It may be possible to have 6 credits transferred in from another graduate program. If accepted to the university, students can meet with an academic program advisor to discuss the possibility of transfer credits.

My application for admission was not approved. Can I submit a letter of appeal?
An applicant who is not approved for admission may appeal the decision. The appeal should be made in writing to the Office of Graduate Admission within one month of notification of denial.