main navigation
my pace
Graduate Admission

How do I apply for a student visa?

A Certificate of eligibility for a visa, Form I-20, can be obtained through the Office of Graduate Admission. In order to obtain a Form I-20, the applicant must demonstrate that he/she has sufficient funds available to pay for tuition and living expenses for at least one year of study in the U.S. Students must provide evidence of additional financial support of $5,000 per year for a spouse and/or child who accompanies them to the U.S.

Applicants who will require a student (F-I) visa must submit:

1. A copy of a valid passport. A mailed photocopy or fax is acceptable.
2. A Financial affidavit. Visit the Graduate Downloadable Forms page; under the International Students section, select the financial affidavit for your college/school.

All monies pledged on the Pace University Financial Affidavit for International Students Form must be verified by the following:

  • A letter from a bank on bank letterhead or bank statement indicating the date, account number, account holder's name, and amount on deposit in U.S. dollars. The letter must include the signature of a bank official.
  • A letter of support from a sponsoring scholarship program, fellowship program, loan or grant organization.

Once the form is complete, send it to the appropriate Office of Graduate Admission:

Office of Graduate Admission
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038, USA
(212) 346-1531
Office of Graduate Admission
The Vineyard
861 Bedford Road
Pleasantville, NY 10570 USA
(914) 422-4283

How should I arrange my travel plans to the United States?

Depending upon which campus you are attending, there are several airports you can choose from.

If you are studying in New York City, we recommend you arrange your flight land at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)LaGuardia Airport (LGA), or Newark Liberty Airport (EWR). Once your flight lands, there will be access to public transportation into the city (see NYC transit links in following question), or you may schedule a car service to pick you up. You will find contact information for car services on each of the airport websites.

If you are studying in Westchester, we recommend you arrange your flight land at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) or LaGuardia Airport (LGA). Once your flight lands, we recommend making arrangements for a car service. You will find contact information for car services on each of the airport websites.

Does New York City have a public transportation system? How does it work? 

For information about public transportation in New York City, Westchester County, Long Island, and New Jersey only, please visit any of the following websites for subway maps, train station listings, and information about taxis in New York:

New York
About New York City Metro Transit Authority (MTA)
MTA New York City Subway Map
MTA: MetroCard Information
MTA Metro-North Railway Map
Long Island Railroad Map
New York City Taxis

New Jersey
New Jersey Transit Website
NJ Transit Railway Maps
New Jersey PATH Train

Where can I find a map of my Pace University campus?

Are there hotels near the Pace New York City and Westchester campuses?

Yes. View a list of hotel accommodations around campus. We recommend you make your hotel reservations prior to your arrival in the U.S.

How can I learn more about campus housing at Pace University?

The best way to learn more about university housing is to visit the Housing and Residential Life website. If you have additional questions, you may reach the appropriate office using the information below. We strongly encourage all students wishing to live on-campus to contact the Housing and Residential Life office PRIOR to their arrival in the U.S.
Housing & Residential Life -
New York City
Fulton Hall, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10038
(212) 346-1295
Housing & Residential Life -
Westchester (Pleasantville)
Howard Johnson Hall, Room 1-09
Pleasantville, NY 10570
(914) 923-2791

What should I bring with me to Pace University?

Incoming students should first make sure they have all proper documentation with them in order to be issued a student (F-I) visa. Read the financial affidavit and student visa information above for information on all documents that must be included in order to be issued a visa. View the list of all necessary documents needed for study in the U.S.

For help in choosing clothes to pack, please consult the average temperature chart below (all temperatures are listed in degrees Fahrenheit). In general, New York has cold winters with snow or sleet at times. Students should bring sturdy, warm shoes or boots for the winter, and a winter coat, hat, and gloves. If you are unable to purchase these items at home, there are many stores in New York that sell them. The spring is often warm and mild -- a light jacket is appropriate.

Celsius to Fahrenheit Converter

New York City Westchester, NY
 January: 31.5°  January: 28.1°
 February: 33.6°  February: 30.5°
 March: 42.4°  March: 39°
 April: 52.5°  April: 46°
 May: 62.7°  May: 59.5°
 June: 71.6°  June:

What is the English Language Institute (ELI)?

The English Language Institute is owned and operated by Pace University and offers international students the opportunity to improve their English skills for academic study, career advancement, or personal enrichment through a variety of programs.Pace University has two ELI locations: New York City and Westchester County, NY.

You may contact the ELI and its directors using the following information:
New York City ELI
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
phone: (212) 346-1562
Westchester ELI
861 Bedford Road
Pleasantville, NY 10570
phone: (914) 773-3820
For more information about the ELI, please visit the ELI web site.

How can I learn more about financial aid?

Pace University offers various types of financial aid to qualified students. International students are NOT eligible to U.S. Federal Financial Aid programs.