main navigation
my pace
Summer Sessions

International Students – Experience NYC in the summer!

Visiting international students can join Pace for a summer session or two, take classes and experience all New York City has to offer. As an international student, you will find all the information you need here from admission requirements and registration to visa requirements.

Summer Session Dates
Early Summer I: Monday, May 14, 2018 - Thursday, May 31, 2018 (3-week intensive)
Summer I: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Saturday, July 7, 2018 (6 weeks)
Summer II: Monday, July 9, 2018 - Saturday, August 18, 2018 (6 weeks)
Late Summer II: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - Friday, August 31, 2018 (4-week intensive)
International students already in the U.S. and currently on an F-1 visa may proceed to register for summer session course work as a visiting undergraduate or graduate student.
Admission for Summer Session is not yet available for international visiting students from abroad. In the meantime, if you are interested in studying at Pace University this summer, please read carefully the information posted on each topic below. These topics list the documentation you need to submit in order to be registered for summer courses. Contact the International Admission Office if you have any questions.

English Proficiency Requirements

Students who will graduate or have graduated from a high school in a country where English is not the official language and for whom English is not their first language must present proof of English proficiency by submitting scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson PTE academic that are no more than two years old.

In general, a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based version), 213 (computer-based version), or 80 (Internet-based version), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, or a Pearson PTE academic score of 54 is sufficient to demonstrate the required proficiency in English for admission directly into Pace University programs.

The TOEFL codes for Pace University are as follows:
New York City Campus: 2635
Westchester Campus: 2685

Visa Requirements

Please review the following information to determine your immigration status.

F-1 Student Status

To study at Pace during the summer, you must be in F-1 student status and enrolled as a full-time student. Full-time enrollment is defined as registration for a minimum of 6 credits in one summer session for undergraduate and graduate students.

  • If you do not currently have an F-1 student visa, you must apply for one by obtaining an I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 visa) from Pace University.
  • If you are currently enrolled at another U.S. college/university program in F-1 status, you may be able to study at Pace University on your current F-1 student immigration status, while on summer break from your home institution.

Other Non-Immigrant Visas (For example: J-2, H-1B, H-4, G1, A1)

If you are currently in the U.S. in a different non-immigrant visa category (except for B1/B2), you may be eligible to enroll in a short-term program at Pace, as a secondary activity to your visa type. You may study full-time or part-time, no restrictions apply, depending on your immigration status.