main navigation
my pace
Adult & Continuing Education

International Students – Experience a semester at Pace!

Visiting international students can join Pace University for a semester and experience all New York City has to offer. As an international student, you will find all the information you need here from admission requirements and registration to visa requirements.

Please read carefully the information posted on each topic below. These topics list the documentation you need to submit in order to be registered for a semester here at Pace.

English Proficiency Requirements

Students who will graduate or have graduated from a high school in a country where English is not the official language and for whom English is not their first language must present proof of English proficiency by submitting scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson PTE academic that are no more than two years old.

In general, a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based version), 213 (computer-based version), or 80 (Internet-based version), a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, or a Pearson PTE academic score of 54 is sufficient to demonstrate the required proficiency in English for admission directly into Pace University programs.

The TOEFL codes for Pace University are as follows:
New York City Campus: 2635
Westchester Campus: 2685

Visa Requirements

Please review the following information to determine your immigration status.

F-1 Student Status

To study at Pace, you must be in F-1 student status and enrolled as a full-time student. Full-time enrollment for a semester is defined as registration for a minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate students or 9 credits for graduate students.

  • If you do not currently have an F-1 student visa, you must apply for one by obtaining an I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 visa) from Pace University.
  • If you are currently enrolled at another U.S. college/university program in F-1 status, you may be able to study at Pace University on your current F-1 student immigration status, while on summer break from your home institution. Please contact for more information

Other Non-Immigrant Visas (For example: J-2, H-1B, H-4, G1, A1)

If you are currently in the U.S. in a different non-immigrant visa category (except for B1/B2), you may be eligible to enroll in a short-term program at Pace, as a secondary activity to your visa type. You may study full-time or part-time, no restrictions apply, depending on your immigration status.