main navigation
my pace
Undergraduate Admission Transfer

Application Questions

What is required from a transfer student in terms of GPA?
Applicants are required to have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Students considering enrolling in our Nursing program are required to have a minimum of 3.0. Students with a GPA less than 2.5 may be considered for conditional admission and should discuss their academic performance in their essay.

Can I schedule an interview as part of the transfer admission process?
Pace University does not require interviews as part of the application process. However, some students do find it helpful to make an appointment to speak with an admissions counselor, especially regarding their transfer credit evaluations.

As an admitted transfer student, will I be able to defer my enrollment if I cannot attend classes in my elected semester?
Enrolled students can defer for a maximum of one academic year. After this time, if a previously accepted student wishes to attend Pace, he or she will be required to resubmit the application.

If I previously applied as a freshman but was denied admission to Pace University, should I reapply as a transfer student?
Yes. Transfer students are evaluated primarily on their college-level coursework and current GPA. A student who has improved academically since entering college may be admitted to Pace despite the fact that he or she was previously denied as a freshman applicant.

Transfer Credit Questions

Will an Admissions Counselor evaluate my transfer credits prior to admission?
Students are invited to meet with an Admissions Counselor to determine which credits may be transferable toward a degree at Pace. However, official transfer credit evaluations will be given only after students submit a tuition deposit and official transcripts. In the meantime, students can create an account on our new Transfer Credit Evaluator to enter previous, current, or future courses and see how these courses will count towards a Pace degree.

For which courses will I receive credit?
Students can transfer credits from any courses taken at a regionally accredited institution in which they have earned a grade of "C" or better. Courses taken on a pass/fail basis cannot be transferred. Transferred credits will count only toward a specific requirement if a similar course is offered at Pace and has been evaluated by the department's chair.

How are credits awarded?
Credits earned at or transferred to Pace are given in semester-hour equivalents.

How many credits can I transfer?

  • A maximum of 68 credits may be transferred from accredited two-year institutions toward a baccalaureate degree program.
  • A maximum of 90 credits may be transferred to a baccalaureate 120 credit degree program from accredited four-year institutions.
  • A maximum of 96 credits may be transferred to a baccalaureate 128 credit degree program from accredited four-year institutions.

I do not want credit for courses I completed at an institution before applying to Pace. Do I have to submit the transcript?
You are required to submit transcripts from all colleges/universities you previously attended, even if it was just for one course for which you do not wish or expect to receive credits.Students who do not submit all transcripts may be subject to loss of credits, denial or reversal of admission to Pace, and/or academic suspension.

When will I receive my Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)?
The Office of Admission will email an official Transfer Credit Evaluation only after students submit a tuition deposit and official transcripts.

Will the GPA I received at my previous institution(s) transfer toward my degree at Pace?
No. A student's GPA at Pace is determined solely by the courses they take.

Accepted Student Questions

Am I required to attend an Orientation Program?
All new incoming students are required to attend an Orientation session on the campus at which they will be matriculating. Orientation is a crucial part of the undergraduate admission process. In addition to beginning the course registration process, Orientation helps new students learn all about Pace's services and programs, and meet future classmates. Registration can be completed by visiting the Orientation website.

Is on-campus housing available to transfer students?
While housing is not guaranteed, every effort will be made to find available on-campus rooms for accepted transfer students so long as they submit their Tuition and Housing Deposit by December 15 (for Spring acceptance) or May 1 (for Fall acceptance).

How many courses do I have to take at Pace?
Transfer students must complete at least half of their major courses at Pace. This does not include free, elective coursework. For example, if a student's major consists of 48 credits, transfer students must complete at least 24 credits at Pace. If a student exceeds the residency requirement limit, courses may be transferred into another portion of the student's curriculum (such as Inquiry & Exploration of a Free Elective).

Financial Aid Questions

Is my aid from other institutions transferrable to Pace?
Financial aid does not automatically transfer from your prior school. You must let your current school know that you will be transferring, and you may need to complete loan exit counseling as required. Please be sure to add Pace University to your FAFSA so that we will be able to put together your financial aid package. For more information or to make an appointment with a member of the Office of Financial Aid, please call (877) 672-1830 (toll-free), or (212) 346-1930 (toll) in New York City or (877) 672-1830 (toll-free), or (212) 346-1930 (toll) in Westchester.

Can transfer students receive scholarships?
From Pace, transfer students can receive up to $12,000 in incentive awards. Transfer students may be eligible for the Deans' Scholarship, Transfer Incentive Awards, and the Pace Grant, as well as additional funds from outside sources. The Financial Aid website has more information about these transfer specific scholarships:

  • Dean's Scholarship
  • Pace-WCC Transfer Student Scholarship
  • Pace-Community College Transfer Student Scholarship
  • Transfer Incentive Awards