This page provides three possible course design structures that instructors may use for organizing their courses. It is based on the average 16 week course. Please feel free to add learning modules as needed and customize as you wish. The Welcome to the Course: Start Here module includes an Accessible Syllabus template
- Review the images of the templates.
- Pick one, and click Download Template to save the template to your computer.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to your course.
- Select the More options icon to the right of Batch Edit and select Import Content.
- Select Import Course
- Choose the .ZIP file on your local computer and select open. The import will immediately begin.
For more information on Importing a Course please review the Copying a Course confluence article.
Weekly Course Content Template
The weekly course structure is beneficial for instructors that have organized their content based on a weekly format. You can make the modules for future weeks unavailable until it is needed so that students are not overwhelmed.
The modular template is beneficial to instructors that have organized their content by units over an estimated duration of time. You can make the modules for units unavailable until it is needed so that students are not overwhelmed.
Course Content by Type Template
The course by content type structure is most beneficial to instructors that do not necessarily follow a weekly or unit structure.