Career Services Student Intern Awards
What is the Career Services Award?
Each year Career Services sponsors the "Career Services Award " to recognize those outstanding students who have participated in one or more of the University's pre-professional programs: co-op, internship, practicum, clinical, field work, or student teaching.
The Career Services Award will be presented to graduating students who are nominated by faculty for their personal achievements, contributions to their organization/work site, demonstrated personal and/or professional growth, evidence of leadership development and academic record. Both bachelor and master level graduating students are eligible for the awards. Our hope is to recognize at least one student from each school and campus.
Students will need to complete the application below with the required nomination form signed by a faculty member. In addition, the student must submit an updated resume, one-page essay, and obtain a letter of support from their intern/site supervisor. A committee will select the winners and students may be recognized at their school’s award event prior to graduation, if possible. Winners will also receive a certificate of recognition and a trophy from Career Services.
Please review the Application Form and print it out. Applicants are required to supply the following:
1. Completed Student Award Application
2. A one page, double spaced TYPED statement that describes your experience. You should include:
• how the experience enhanced your career development & goals
• specific skills that you have developed
• contributions you made to your employer organization
• leadership activities you have been involved in
• evidence of community involvement
• description of what it means to be an intern
3. A letter of recommendation or support from your site supervisor OR Faculty nomination form (Student is responsible for requesting nomination from faculty member)
4. A copy of your resume
5. A professional photo OR headshot
The entire packet (Application, student statement, site supervisor recommendation, faculty nomination form, and resume) must be returned to the Career Services Office on your campus no later than March 31st, 2014. Late or incomplete packets will not be accepted. Winners will be notified in April.
Please return completed applications to Kim Porter in the Gannett House
Please return completed applications to Hilda Adeniji in 41 Park Row, 14th Floor
2013 Award Winners:
Congratulatiions to all! Click here for photos!