Getting Ready for Orientation
A Guide to your Course Selection Questionnaire
All newly-enrolled students at Pace University attend an orientation session over the summer. For more information on Summer Orientation, visit the official website
You will receive a large packet of information related to orientation after enrolling at Pace. Included in that packet are the Pre-Registration Instruction and Advising Guide with information on how to register online for a Summer Orientation date. Online, you will be asked to complete a Course Selection Questionnaire to provide necessary academic information needed to get your started at Pace. Please provide all information requested. If you have any questions about the Orientation Program, please contact the Center for Student Development and Campus Activities at (212) 346-1590.
Your Course Selection Questionnaire
The Course Selection Questionnaire is filled out online. The information you provide in the questionnaire will allow your Advisor to create your first semester schedule. Make sure to take your time and think carefully about the information you provide. Please follow these step-by-step instructions to filling out the questionnaire:
- Carefully enter your Personal information and make any necessary corrections online or on the form itself. Please indicate:
- if you plan to commute to Pace University. Your adviser will take this into account as he/she creates your class schedule.
- if English is not your first language. This will all help to determine your English placement.
- Indicate your Intended Major. The list of the majors that are available on your campus can be found in the Pre-Registration Instruction and Advising Guide (see above). If you are still considering your choice of major, please indicate that by checking the “Unsure/open to many areas” box provided on the form. Please also indicate which areas are of interest to you.
- Specify your Learning Community preferences. Select four CAP Learning Communities that you are interested in taking and list them according to your preference. A complete list of Learning Communities is provided in the Learning Community Course Supplement. PLEASE BE SURE TO SELECT A CAP LEARNING COMMUNITY. Read the description of each Learning Community before you indicate your preferences. An Advisor will make every effort to accommodate your preferences in the order you list them.
- Select Areas of Interest that appeal to you. Please select as many areas as you like, but make sure that you select no fewer than five. Your Advisor will consult this section of the Course Selection Questionnaire in order to complete your first semester schedule.
- Indicate which Second Language you are interested in taking your first semester. Although not every student will take a language in his/her first semester, your adviser will take your interest into account when creating your schedule. Also, please use the grid to provide information about language courses you took in high school. Please be as accurate as possible.
- If you took the second language SAT II, please indicate the language you tested in and the score you received (if known).
- Indicate any Earned College Credits and IB/or AP credit you have earned prior to registering at Pace.
- Make sure you digitally sign the Registration Authorization to indicate that we have your permission to register you for the courses you have identified on the Course Selection Questionnaire. We cannot create your schedule without this permission.
If you have any questions about filling out your Course Selection Questionnaire please do not hesitate to call the CAP Office at (212) 346-1997 for assistance. We are here to help!