Congratulations on your acceptance to Pace University and the Challenge to Achievement at Pace (CAP) Program! On behalf of the entire CAP Staff, I want to welcome you to what will surely be one of the most awesome and rewarding periods in your life.
We hope that you are as excited to begin your first year at Pace as we are for you. It’s going to be a thrilling, stimulating experience filled with new friends, new information, and new responsibilities. We’re sure that you have many questions about the fall and hope that the rest of this site answers some of them. If you don’t find the information that you need, please feel free to contact us by e-mail or phone!
Before you actually get here for classes in September, though, there are some things that you’ll have to know and do this summer in order to prepare for your new life at college. Our goal is to assist you in whatever way we can to make this transition period go as smoothly as possible. So we’ve pulled together some information that we think will help you before you arrive for the start of your freshman year.
Check out the five bullets below. You’ll find information about:
- how to prepare for your summer orientation visit, including instructions for filling out and submitting information on your course selection questionnaire, and taking placement exams (Getting Ready for Orientation);
- what to expect during orientation (At Orientation);
- what you can do before classes start in the fall to give yourself an advantage (Before Classes Begin);
- what documents you may need to submit (Required Documentation); and
- tips on the ins and outs of your first week at Pace (Your First Week at Pace).
We’ve tried to think of questions that have been asked by students in the past, and hope we’ve addressed some that you might have. If not, again, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us (our contact information).
Welcome to the Pace community. We look forward to seeing you during the summer and in the fall.