Summer 2014 Accommodated Testing
New York Accommodated Testing
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
For more information, please contact:
Kate Sullivan, MSW
Accommodations Coordinator, Office of Disability Services
156 William Street, 8th floor
New York, NY 10038
Phone: (212) 346-1526
Fax: (212) 346-1530
Pleasantville Accommodated Testing
Process for Scheduling Accommodated Tests
- A student requiring accommodations must register with Disability Services, located in the Counseling Center, (914) 773-3537. This process must be updated every semester. After registering and verification by Disability Services the student will be given letters for each of their professors.
- The student will present these letters to their professors. The letter lists the students accommodations. With the letter will be a “Testing Accommodations Form” which needs to be filled out by the professor and sent in with each test. We will send you an electronic copy of this form for subsequent use.
- When a student wants to take an exam they must first talk to their professor and agree on the date and time when the exam should be given. The student will then be responsible for scheduling the test by sending an email to TestingPLV@pace.edu. The student is expected to CC their professor on this email to insure that their is no miscommunication. The CAE will then confirm the appoinment with both the student and the professor.
- This professor is then responsible for sending the “Testing Accommodations Form” and the test to the CAE Mortola Library, 3rd Floor to the attention of Accommodated Testing Coordinator.
- Note: The student is required to make the appointment at least three business days prior to the day and time of the student’s scheduled testing time.
Information for Students
- Upon determination of your accommodations by Disability Services, the CAE will email you instructions on how to schedule and exam. Please make sure to schedule your appointment/s as soon as possible to reserve a slot for testing on your preferred day. Appointments scheduled with less than three business days notice are likely to be denied.
- Please arrive on time to the CAE to take your exams. Delays will result in reduced testing time, as they would in a class-administered test.
- You should check-in at the front desk upon arrival and test completion. Be advised that only approved supplies will be allowed in the testing room. You will be asked to leave other materials and personal belongings at the CAE for the duration of testing.