The Westchester Experience
Welcome to Pace Pleasantville!
- Residents and Commuters Life on Campus
- Main Buildings
- Academic Buildings
- Resources on Campus
- Pleasantville on a Budget
- Staying Safe
Life on campus for Residents and Commuters
First-Year Interest Group
AS a first year student, you will be placed in a First-Year Interest Group based on your interests. In Alumni Hall, each section of the residence hall and each floor has a designed FIG. All FIGs have a specific studying room and FIG themed lounges (i.e. Body and Mind FIG has an aerobics/ yoga room). There are seven FIGs: Setters Leadership House, Body and Mind, Honors, Extreme Sports and Pace Nation (ESPN), Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO), Pop Culture and Media, and Nursing.
UNV 101 Classrooms
For the first year student’s convenience, some classes are taught in Alumni Hall on the first floor.
First year students
Martin Hall is a traditional residence hall that houses a mixture of returning and first year students.
Pace Perk Café
The Pace Perk Café is a student-run business, established by the Pace Association of Collegiate Entrepreneurs in 2010. It is Pace students' “late night option." The Perk is open every night from 9PM-1AM downstairs in Martin Hall’s basement. Meal Cards are accepted.
Residence Hall Association
The Residence Hall Association consists of the four Hall Council executive board members from Pleasantville and Briarcliff’s on campus housing facilities. Each Hall has a Hall Council that includes a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasure. To apply, speak to your RA. RHA plans and discusses hall issues and programming.
First-Year Interest Group
All first-year commuters are also part of a First-Year Interest Group on campus. Commuters are welcome to join programming on campus, as well as the trips off campus.
Commuter Advisory Board (CAB)
Information about how students can get involved on campus and where they can hangout, study, and get parking permits can be found by visiting the Commuter Life website.
Kessel Student Center
Student Development & Campus Activities (SDCA)
Visit SDCA to learn more about joining and starting clubs, developing as a leader, staying involved and so much more!
Where you can build your resume, look for jobs and/or internships, prepare for interviews, etc. Visit the Career Services website.
Learn about the many opportunities to learn and travel abroad. Visit the Study Abroad website.
Dean for Students
The Dean for Students, Assistant Deans, and the Dean for Student Lounge are located on the second floor closest to Alumni Hall where most first-year students reside.
Student Government Association
The Student Government Association has offices on the second floor. Visit them and learn about leadership opportunities.
Visit the campus bookstore website.
Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs
The Office of Multicultural Affairs office provides high quality programs and a safe haven for many first year students.
First year students will also find the following rooms and services in Kessel:
- Chartwells Food Service
- Campus Chaplin
- Setters Leadership Initiatives
- Commuter Lounge
- “The Well” Common Area
- Meeting Rooms
- Conference Room A&B and C&D
- Butcher Suite
- Gottesman Room (Video Conference Capable)
Goldstein Fitness Center
Pace University is a Division II school. We are in the North-East 10 Conference along with fifteen other colleges. For more information on game schedules, Visit the Pace Athletics website.
Pace has tons of intramural sports for students who are interested in playing soccer, volleyball, flag football, basketball, etc. Visit the Pace Athletics website to sign up for Intramurals.
1st floor: Green Zone (Talking allowed)
- Research librarian help
- Computer classrooms
- Group tables
- Book Check out
- Apple Computers
- Pace Mart
2nd floor: Red Zone (Silent Zone)
- Library books
- Reserved Cubicles
3rd floor: Yellow Zone (Quiet Zone)
- Learning Assistance Center
- Division of Student Success
- Center for Academic Excellence
- Center for Exploring Majors
- First-Year Experience
- Special Testing
Academic Buildings used often by First Year Students
- Environmental Center
- Dyson Science Building
- Goldstein Academic Center
- Art Barns
- Office of Student Assistance
- Financial Aid
- Health Center
- Counseling Center
- Writing Center
- Learning Assistance Center
- Career Center
- Study Abroad
Living in Pleasantville on a Budget
It is advisable that you create a budget before starting college. Stick to your plan and set boundaries on social expenses.
Tips for Being Safe on campus
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Put the number for security and the RA on duty in your cell phone
- If you see someone in danger, report it to the RA on duty and Security immediately
- If you see a dangerous situation, report it to the RA on Duty or Security immediately
- If you are traveling in darkness, wear visible clothing, use the buddy system, and let your friends know where you are going and when you will return
- If you leave campus for an emergency, let all your faculty know. The Dean for Students Office should also be notified
- We are a campus community. Look out for one another. If someone is struggling or in a situation that does not seem right, get them help immediately.
- Be an extremely alert and cautious driver on campus and in Pleasantville
- Stay on sidewalks, cross walks, and appropriate areas when walking on campus
- Report any situations that appear unsafe to Security
Tips for getting to Pleasantville
Pace provides a shuttle that takes students into Pleasantville. The bus runs every fifteen minutes that picks up students in front of Miller Hall on the weekdays and Wilcox Hall on the weekends. View the Fall/Spring 2017-2018 Intercampus Bus Schedules.
*Disclaimer: The Office of the First-Year Experience has compiled these resources for your convenience. Pace University does not have an affiliation with any of the companies identified here. Representation on this list does not endorse a recommendation. If you have recommendations or suggestions about the information listed, please contact the Office of the First-Year Experience.