main navigation
my pace
Certificate Programs

Teaching Adolescents

Candidates who already hold a master's degree or advanced degree who choose not to pursue another graduate degree may opt for the Advanced Certificate instead of the MST. Individuals without a master's degree who seek adolescent certification prior to completing the MST must meet the requirements for the Advanced Certificate and file for the "certificate en route to the master's degree" with the Registrar's Office. The Advanced Certificare requires 11 credits of course work and a supervised student-teaching or internship experience (27 total credits).

The Advanced Certificate to for students who:

  • Have 30 credits (graduate or undergraduate) in the content area to be taught
  • Have already earned a graduate degree

Require an accelerated program to meet career or position goals.

For more information on this program, visit the School of Education.