Professional Nursing Leadership, MS, CAGS
Professional Nursing Leadership
MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE
Pace’s Professional Nursing Leadership (PNL) program is a 42-credit Master of Science program supported by the graduate core and advanced nursing science core. Built on this strong foundation, the specialty courses, both didactic and clinical, in the Professional Nursing Leadership program support the registered professional nurse in strengthening and enhancing their practice at the point-of-care across primary health care settings. Specialty didactic courses focus on nursing’s leadership role in teaching and learning, quality and safety assessment, and improvement strategies for individuals and clinical populations. Students develop knowledge and skills that are applied through clinical immersion and the completion of culturally competent, evidence-based, intra and interprofessional leadership projects.
- Flexible programming to meet your needs – A unique blend of online and on-campus classes, and mentored clinical immersion hours in diverse healthcare settings.
- Our PNL program will prepare you to deliver evidence-based, culturally competent, primary health care to individuals and families within a clinical microsystem.
- Graduates of this program meet the requirements for national certification as a Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL), through the Commission on Nurse Certification.
- No clinical experience is required for this program, so current BS in Nursing students about to graduate can apply.
Specialty courses include content on:
- Risk assessment and quality and safety
- Teaching and learning with an emphasis on coaching and mentoring
- Clinical applications of technology and health information systems
- Healthcare financing
- Complexity and change theories
- Socioeconomic influences upon healthcare
- Systems management including human resource supports
- Legal and ethical implications for intra- and inter-professional practice improvement are also discussed
CERTIFICATE OF ADVANCED GRADUATE STUDIES
The Professional Nursing Leadership Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) program is for the master’s-prepared nurse who wishes expand their knowledge base and enhance their clinical practice within this specialty.
RN TO MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) BRIDGE
Are you an RN with a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing? If so, you can still matriculate into our graduate nursing programs by successfully completing the RN to MS Bridge program. The RN to MS Bridge program includes the following courses: undergraduate statistics, nursing research, and matrices of nursing practice. Students must be computer literate to support their learning experience.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-773-3552.
|Pace University's Office of Graduate Admission hosts on-campus information sessions throughout the academic year. Learn more about the Graduate degree programs, what Pace University has to offer and what it takes to apply. To attend one of our information sessions, click here.|
PROFESSIONAL NURSING LEASERSHIP CURRICULUM
*CAGS credits determined by gap analysis.
To view a sample program of study for the PNL program, click here.
Sample curriculum plan: MS – Professional Nursing Leadership
Candidates for Professional Nursing Leadership Master of Science degree and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study programs must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing,
- Demonstrate scholastic aptitude as evidenced by previous academic work, motivation, leadership potential and maturity,
- Have an undergraduate cumulative QPA of 3.0,
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in New York State, and
- Submit an essay, professional resume and recommendations as described in the application.
- Submit official transcripts from each academic institution previously attended
- A personal interview may be required.
- No prior RN experience is required
- No standardized admissions test (GRE or Miller Analogy) is required.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
- Application and admission information can be found here.
- Applications are submitted online. Click here to apply.
There is a $70 non-refundable application fee (check or money order), payable to Pace University.
- Transcripts: Please arrange for an official transcript to be sent from each academic institution that you attended to the Office of Graduate Admission.
The deadline for completion and submission of applications is March 1st.