Co-Director Undgraduate Nursing Simulation
College of Health Professions
- @New York City
163 William Street 512
PhD , City University of New York, Graduate Center , New York, NY , 2017
PhD in Nursing
MS , New York University , 2010
BS , Hunter College, City University of New York , 1997
Community Health Education
AS , Niagara County Community College , Niagara Falls, New York , 1981
Awards and Honors
- National League for Nursing, October 1, 2018 - Sigma Theta Tau International
- Pace University, May 2015 - Kenan Funds
- New York State Higher Education Corporation, 2013 - Patricia K. McGee Nursing Faculty Scholarship 2013 - Thinkfinity Grant $15,000
- Pace University, May 2013 - Star Team Award
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATES
- Basic Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified Phlebotomy and IV Certification
- ANCC ,
- Medical Surgical Nursing Certification
- National League for Nursing,
- Certified Nurse Educator
- New York State Department of Education,
- Registered Professional Nurse
Berro, E. A. & Knoesel, J. M.
(2016, January (1st Quarter/Winter)).
An Innovative Approach to Staffing a Simulation Center in a College of Health Professions..
Journal of Nursing Education.
, pages 53-55.
Knoesel, J. M. (2015, October). North Shore LIJ Healthcare System Nursing Education Conference. Staffing a Simulation Center. North Shore LIJHS, North Hills, NY
Knoesel, J. M. (2015, May). 2015 QSEN National Forum. An Innovative Model for Staffing a Simulation Lab. Case Western Reserve University , San Diego, CA
Simulation in Undergraduate Nursing Education Educational Assessment Inter-professional Education
Preparing the next generation of nurses [Internet],
October 13 2015
I was interviewed for a internet blog by Phyllis Quinlan after I made a presentation at the North Shore LIJ's Nursing Education conference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNIkkyJne0
On June 26, 28-year-old war veteran turned actor Matthew Pennington will address future health care workers from Pace University's College of Health Professions and lead a discussion about his struggles with PTSD after coming home from serving three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Sigma Theta Tau International, Omega Delta Chapter
December 1 , 2018
Nursing Honor Society
National League for Nursing
American Nurses Association