Clinical Associate Professor
College of Health Professions
- @New York City
163 William Street 509A
Jason Slyer obtained his DNP and MS (Family Nurse Practitioner) from Pace University and an AAS in Nursing from Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing in Troy, NY. Jason joined the Pace faculty as a Clinical Assistant Professor in 2011. He is currently the Assistant Director for DNP programs.
DNP , Pace University , New York, NY , 2011
Doctor of Nursing Practice
MS , Pace University , New York, NY , 2004
Family Nurse Practitioner
AS , Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing , Troy, NY , 2000
BA , State University of New York at Buffalo , Buffalo, NY , 1997
Awards and Honors
- College of Health Professions, April 2016 - Dean's Service Award
- National Academies of Practice, October 2015 - Distinguished Fellowship in the National Academies of Practice and the Nursing Academy as a Distinguished Practitioner & Fellow
- Lienhard School of Nursing, May 22, 2014 - 2014 Dean's Alumni Award for Outstanding Professional Contribution
- University of Adelaide, August 2012 - Associate Lecturer
- Pace Univerity, May 2011 - DNP student with the Greatest Clinical Leadership Potential in Evidence Based Practice; Pace University, College of Health Professions
- Sigma Theta Tau International, September 2004 - Inducted, Sigma Theta Tau International, Zeta Omega-At-Large chapter
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATES
- Commission on Nurse Certification,
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Joanna Briggs Institute,
- Joanna Briggs Institute, Certified Trainer
- American Heart Association,
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- State of New York,
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- American Nurse Credentialing Center,
- FNP-Board Certified
- State of New York,
- Registered Nurse
- American Association of Heart Failure Nurses,
- Certified Heart Failure Nurse
- Joanna Briggs Institute,
- Comprehensive Systematic Review training, Modules 1, 3, & 4
Slyer, J. T. (2016). Chapter 7.Teaching cultural competence in nursing and health care. 3rd Edition Academic Settings: General overview, faculty self-assessment, and curriculum evaluation. (Issue 3rd Edition) , pages 199-242.
Slyer, J. T.
Managing heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.
Boreland, L., Scott-Hudson, M., Henterington, K., Frussinetty, A. & Slyer, J. T. The effectiveness of tight glycemic control on decreasing surgical site infections and readmission rates in adult patients with diabetes undergoing cardiac surgery: A systematic review.
Heart & Lung.
, pages 1-11.
Slyer, J. T. (2016, October). 9th National Doctors of Nursinfg Practice Conference. Teaching team process for interprofessional practice. Doctors of Nursing Practice, Inc. , Baltimore, MD
Slyer, J. T. & Londrigan, M.
Eastern Nursing Research Society. 28th Annual Scientific Sessions.
Shared Decision-making for Research, Practice, and Education: An Integrative Review.
Eastern Nursing Research Society, Pittsburg, PA
Londrigan, M., Slyer, J. T., Singleton, J. & Worral, P.
27th annual scientific sessions of the Eastern Nursing Research Society.
A qualitative systematic review of internal and external influences on shared decision-making in all health care settings..
Eastern Nursing Research Society, Washington, DC
Heart failure; chronic disease management; self-care behaviours; systematic reviews.
Grants, Sponsored Research and Contracts
Slyer, J. T. & Jadotte, Y.
(2016, September 30).
Clinical predictive value of systematic reviews with meta-analysis for future research on patients with multiple chronic conditions: a demonstration project using the case of preventive statin therapy.
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality , Federal , $100,000.00 . Funded,
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
The National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) is the only organization specifically devoted to promoting quality nurse practitioner (NP) education at the national and international levels.
Eastern Nursing Research Society
ENRS is dedicated to creating a community of nurses interested in promoting and supporting regional nursing research in the Eastern Region of the United States.
American Assocation of Heart Failure Nurses - Certification Board
American Association of Heart Failure Nurses
The AAHFN is a specialty organization dedicated to advancing nursing education, clinical practice and research to improve heart failure patient outcomes.
American Nurses Association
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nurses
American Association of Nurse Practitioner
College of Health Professions Inter-professional Education Initiative [Committee Member]
Desc: CHP planning for IPE activities using the Hugoton Grant as a vehicle to educate faculty and students about IPE.
Online Learning Planning Committee
New York Faculty Council Curriculum Committee