Essentials to Successful Grant Writing
The course begins with an overview of the development field, the fundraising arm of nonprofit organizations. We will then review "prospecting," the process for identifying grant opportunities from foundations, corporations, or the government. The heart of the course is devoted to understanding and constructing all the various pieces of a typical grant proposal, including a letter of inquiry, a mission & organizational history, a project narrative, outcomes and evaluation, and budgets. Students will be given the opportunity to receive instructor and/or peer review of several in-class and one out-of-class writing assignments. Participants will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
Click here to see the Spring 2016 schedule.
Learn the A-Z's of successful grant writing!
This invigorating and informative two-day course will equip you with the skills and tools needed to enter the exciting field of grant writing! You will learn how to raise funds by discovering how and where to look for potential funders and finding a good match to your organization. You will also learn how to collaborate and develop true partnerships with a variety of funders, how to organize a successful grant writing campaign, and how to put together a complete proposal package including online applications.
- Students will learn all aspects of how to research, write, organize, and submit a successful grant.
- How to find viable grant sources
- Plan a successful grant proposal
- Craft a persuasive letter of inquiry
- Develop a budget
Who Should Attend
- This course speaks mainly to nonprofit organizations, schools, religious institutions, and municipalities seeking grants from foundation, corporate, government, and individual donors.
- It’s also an excellent primer for individuals wishing to become grant-writing consultants or community grant-writing volunteers.
- No matter who you are or what level of experience you have, you'll find the A to Z's of writing and submitting successful proposals here!
"Very informative and extremely helpful. The Professor had a great rapport with all of her students.” – T. Martinez
"Thank you for this amazing experience. I am now ready to take the knowledge and skills I learned in this class to a new grant!" - A. LaPara
"This course is exceptional. Stacy Spencer is bright, knowledgeable, and even inventive when it comes to grant writing." - M. Nolan
Pace University Midtown Center
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th
New York, NY
May 3 & May 10, 2016
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuition: $495 (includes all materials)
Class Status: OPEN
Please contact Jamie Leotta at (212) 346-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.