Construction Blueprint Reading Certificate
Learn How to Read and Interpret Construction Blueprints
This course is designed to provide knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to the architectural and building industry. This course will cover the theory of orthographic projections, reading floor plans, section and elevation drawings, symbols and notations, scaling and dimensioning practices, reading blueprints for structural formation, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing drawings. Participants will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
Click here to see the Spring 2016 schedule.
- Understand architectural and engineering scales, dimension and area drawings
- Convert engineering dimensions to architectural
- Different drawing types and their usage
- Know what a floor plan, section, and elevation are
- Understand symbols, notations, abbreviations, and material schedules
- Work with drawings on dimensions, finishes, details
- Area calculations
Learn more about our Advanced Construction Blueprint Reading class.
- Gain an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using
Pace University Downtown Campus
1 Pace Plaza
New York, NY
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Class Status: CLOSED
Please contact Corey Getchell at (212) 346-1164 or firstname.lastname@example.org