Construction Project Management Certificate
Learn How to Strategically Manage Your Construction Projects!
Master the Essentials of Construction Project Management. This innovative course provides the construction-orientated professional with the practical knowledge and expertise in project cost estimation, project scheduling, and managing key business concepts in the field of construction.Participants will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion. This course is approved for 22.5 hours of continuing education for real estate salespersons and brokers (NYS approved).
The field of construction management is heterogeneous and enormously complex. There are several major classifications of construction that differ markedly from each other: housing, nonresidential building, heavy, highway, utility, and industrial projects. Such projects involve much time and expense, and close management control of them is required if they are to be completed within the established time and cost limitations. A construction manager is in charge of the overall planning and control of a project; this demands a command of many skills. The Construction Project Management Certificate program is designed to provide you with the knowledge of the regulatory, insurance, management, safety, estimating, and environmental aspects of the construction management industry.
Click here to see the Spring 2016 schedule.
- Determining the cost for construction and evaluating cost performance
- Establishing construction schedules
- Applying time value of money concepts for evaluation of alternatives
- Value engineering and performance management
- The opportunity to develop professionally and to improve, acquire, and develop new and relevant knowledge to enhance professional growth
- The knowledge and problem solving skills to determine costs for construction activities and projects
- Apply time value money concepts for evaluation of alternatives
- Evaluate project schedules and cost performance
- Interpret construction material properties and standards
- Perform managerial functions
Who Should Enroll
- Individuals new to the field of construction
- Construction project planners and designers, engineers
- Those under contract with or employed by the owner, developer, or management firm overseeing a construction project
Pace University Midtown Center
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th Street
New York, NY
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuition: $595 (includes all materials)
Class Status: OPEN
Please contact Corey Getchell at (212) 346-1164 or firstname.lastname@example.org