What to do if you have concerns about infection or exposure
If you are concerned about a possible exposure to COVID-19, you should:
- Self-isolate until you have consulted with a medical professional.
- Contact your health care provider or University Health Care to get instructions and the latest care guidelines. Please note that University Health Care does not accept walk-in appointments. Please call ahead or schedule an appointment via the confidential patient portal.
If you feel sick with a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should:
- Call ahead to your doctor’s office or emergency room and advise them of your symptoms and potential exposure.
- You can also contact University Health Care.
If you have a pending COVID-19 test, you should:
- Please be thoughtful about the Pace community and let us know that you have a pending test. The NYS Department of Health will notify us of a positive result, but advance warning can help in the University’s public health efforts.
- If you are a student: go through University Health Care and use the online confidential patient portal.
- If you are a Pace employee: please contact your direct supervisor.
- If you are a Pace faculty member, please tell your department chair.
If you have received a positive COVID-19 test result, you should:
- Self-isolate and follow all Department of Health guidelines.
- Focus on getting the care that you need and getting better.
- The NYS Department of Health will notify Pace of a positive result, but if you can contact University Health Care or the switchboard, that will be helpful in our public health efforts.