Welcome to the Division of Academic Advisement at Pace University! I am so proud to be a part of the advising community at Pace, which is dedicated to providing proactive and holistic support to students throughout each stage of their academic journey.
Students will receive highly personalized guidance from an advisor to help them create a successful and engaging experience in academic, co-curricular, professional, and personal realms. This specialized support begins in a student’s very first semester and continues until we can all celebrate their successful graduation. Advisors also receive ongoing support through close collaborations across their respective specializations and trainings in best practices so that they are well prepared to continually meet students’ needs.
This website offers an array of informational materials and important links for both students and advisors. Please explore the section that is most relevant to you and take advantage of all that it has to offer.
I look forward to supporting a successful advising experience for students and staff across the Pace community! If you have any questions or concerns that I can help with, please reach out to me at Mgrant@pace.edu.
All my very best,
Melissa Grant, MSED
Associate Dean of Advisement
Pace University's academic advising is a dynamic, collaborative process empowering students to develop academic, career, personal and life goals. Students learn to identify and take advantage of the university's diverse resources, services and program opportunities. Through self-reflection, critical thinking, academic exploration, and participation in the Pace Path, students create an individualized plan that enables them to succeed at Pace and beyond.
- Develop academic, career, personal, and life goals and accompanying action plans
- Take responsibility and a proactive role in their academic decision-making process
- Reflect on personal values as they relate to aspirations
- Understand the importance of liberal learning as a strong foundation for the professional world
- Create and regularly evaluate their individualized educational plan and progress on their Pace Path based on assessment of abilities, aspirations, interests and values
- Navigate and take advantage of university resources, services and program opportunities based on individual and professional needs
- Understand and assume responsibility for fulfilling academic requirements to complete their degree program
- Understand relevant university policies and procedures
- Articulate the meaning of higher education and the intent of Pace University’s core curriculum