Pace Jumpstart offers several opportunities throughout the year to volunteer with the organization. We welcome volunteers including Pace faculty and staff to support Jumpstart programming. You can commit for a year, a month, a week or a day. No time is too short!
If you are a Pace student in need of service-learning course credit, we can provide documentation of your service participation as long as your instructor approves the Jumpstart volunteer placement.
- Read for the Record—Jumpstart’s national literacy awareness campaign
- Eric Carle—Celebration of Eric Carle’s books such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and The Grouchy Ladybug.
- Jumpstart for a Day (JFAD)—Annual festival celebrating literacy and service that brings volunteer groups from local universities and organizations together with young children and families
- Resource Creation Days—Make various crafts including books, puppets or record your voice for our Books on Tape project to enhance the variety of learning materials available at our schools
- Book Drives—Donate gently used books and educational toys