Thank you for visiting the Psychology Department on Pace University’s Pleasantville campus.
As you know, psychology is a central part of life. Our department recognizes this and sees its mission as a “hub science.” We try to connect psychology with many other disciplines at the University. That is why we offer not just one, but four undergraduate majors:
- BA in Psychology: This a great general and traditional preparation for graduate school and a career in the field.
- BA in Applied Psychology and Human Relations: In this major, we prepare you for work in counseling and clinical psychology careers.
- BA in Biological Psychology: This major, offered jointly with the Biology department, can be a strong preparation for medical school or for a career in neuroscience.
- BA in Personality and Social Psychology: This is an innovative and exciting new major that is interdisciplinary and will prepare you for graduate school and a variety of careers such as: law, marketing, sport psychology, and health psychology.
As a student in our department, you will start with basic preparatory courses, then proceed to have an opportunity learn how to do truly interesting research in such areas as human motivation and to present your work at regional professional conferences. An equally important part of your undergraduate work will be the practicum (internships) that you can do in a wide range of counseling/clinical settings. You can also take part in the life of the department by joining the Psychology Club and PSI CHI, the national honor society in psychology. These are a huge part of the department’s life and our annual induction ceremony is always a highlight of the academic year.
Our department also offers graduate degrees, including:
- MS in Mental Health Counseling (60 credits)
Undergraduate students may also enroll in our combined-degree programs, which give you the opportunity to begin your graduate work in these programs early. The combined-degree programs are open to students who maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average through their first three years. The Psychology Department also offers a doctoral program, leading to a PhD in Mental Health Counseling.
Did you know that Pace has two strategic campus locations? Find out more about Psychology degree programs offered on our New York City campus.
We encourage you to explore our programs and contact us if you have any questions.
Rostyslaw Robak, PhD
Professor and Psychology Department Chair