We welcome writers with unique voices to apply for the Pace Storytelling for Equity and Inclusion Fellowship. This year-long Fellowship, made possible by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, is for rising sophomores and juniors who have a minimum GPA of 2.7 or better and have an interest in a career as a writer focusing on Equity and Inclusion in playwriting, screenwriting, writing for television, and narrative writing for gaming.
This paid fellowship begins each spring semester and is followed by a full-time summer internship, concluding with follow-up activities in the fall.
If selected, Pace Storytelling fellows will commit to the following:
- Monthly Workshops, Seminars, and Events that will advance students’ professional skills and knowledge beyond the classroom. These programs, which will draw on the collective insight and real-world experience of industry professionals, are geared toward developing creative excellence and mastery of the writing craft, as well as giving professional insight into how to successfully navigate this highly competitive field.
- Full-Time Paid Internship with artistic and creative organizations that match your career interests in the writing arena during summer 2022
- In-House Mentor Network that will match Fellows with Pace faculty and staff to achieve academic and professional success, including assistance with graduate school applications and/or career and job search guidance.
Fellows will receive a stipend of $3000 in the spring, $5000 for a full-time summer internship, and $3000 in the fall, provided they fully participate.
Apply and Contact
Requirements to apply
- GPA 2.7 and above
- Current Sophomore or Junior
- On NYC campus for next 3 semesters
Interested students should fill out the application by October 28, 2022 for consideration. Questions about the program or application should be directed to program coordinator Lucia Burns at email@example.com.
Finalists will be interviewed the week of November 8, 2022.