Registration is now open for the 11th Annual Student Summit of the Environmental Consortium of College & Universities.
Friday, April 15, 2016
10:00am – 4:00pm
Pace University, Willcox Hall, Pleasantville, NY
Undergraduate and graduate students from around the region, of all disciplines, are called to gather at this year’s Student Summit, where we will ask what it takes to be an advocate, why environmental solutions must involve other disciplines, and how academic institutions can form more meaningful community partnerships.
Join us as we will reimagine our roles and actions in the framework of a healthier, more equitable, more sustainable future.
- FREE and open to all higher education students in the region
- All majors are welcome
- Network with like-minded students
- Lunch included
- Peggy M. Shepard, Co-Founder and Executive Director, WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Food, Water, Health: How to Intervene Effectively in a Complex System
- Climate Justice: Deliberative Practices for Resilience and Engagement
- Ecological Restoration and Sustainable Communities
- Advocacy Techniques and Leveraging Students Across Institutional Boundaries
Although geared towards students, faculty, staff, others are welcome to join us. View the flyer.
The mission of the Environmental Consortium of Colleges & Universities is to harness higher education’s intellectual and physical resources to advance regional, ecosystem-based environmental research, teaching, and learning with a special emphasis on the greater Hudson-Mohawk River watershed.
Spearheaded and hosted by Pace University, the Environmental Consortium’s headquarters is situated within the Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies at Dyson College Institute for Sustainability and the Environment in Pleasantville, New York.