Bring NYC to ME
The Media Series
One of the biggest advantages of studying at Pace is the connection it provides to New York City. Our classes in a wide variety of programs—including Art, Arts and Entertainment Management, Communication Studies, English, Film and Screen Studies, and many more—offer a unique vantage point on a global media hub. Outside of the classroom, you’ll find additional opportunities to network, meet industry professionals, and participate in internships. Even as New York City recovers from the global pandemic, our campus—like the city itself—remains vibrant.
We invite you to join us for a series of panels with media industry professionals to learn about various media careers and Pace’s connection to NYC media. Register here for one or all of them! Participation is free to current students and to all accepted students for the class of 2024.
The Television Industry
Wednesday, June 10 at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
How would your path at Pace help you understand media and forge your own career? Have you ever imagined yourself producing television? This panel of successful alumni and industry professionals will tell you what they love about the field, where they see the future of television, and how their Pace path brought them to careers in television production.
• Emmy Award nominee Sarah Ashey, Marketing and Creative Producer, ABC News
• Arissa Chatman, Programming and Development Coordinator, Food Network and Cooking Channel
• Nora Hogan, Senior Associate Producer, DailyMailTV
• Danielle Layton, News Marketing Production Assistant, Writer & Content Creator, NBC
• Alexandra Popken, Production Services Manager, NBC
• Adam Wells, Television Research Analyst, CBS Networks
Influencer/Digital Content/Social Media
Wednesday, June 24 at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
The world is digital and social media is everything! Join NYC digital media professionals for this panel to learn how Pace can help you find a job doing something you love.
>> Register through Zoom
• Laura Delrato, Creative Director, Vox Media
• Stephanie Hoeler, Senior Vice President, Digital & Social Media Leader
• Sarah Mendelsohn, Senior Manager, Digital Content and Social Media, Maybelline
• Yesenia Reinoso, Digital Marketing and Media Relations Officer, Y Communicate
• Ali Taub, Director, Framework Digital Media
Writing and Storytelling
Wednesday, July 15 at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Where are the jobs in writing and storytelling? And how can Pace help you start building a career doing what you love? This panel of successful alumni and industry professionals will discuss their work as writers and storytellers in a variety of media, including film and television, digital magazines, and books. They will share their ideas of the future of writing and storytelling, and how they achieved careers in this field.
>> Register through Zoom
• Neil Garguilo, Emmy award-winning comedy writer and lead actor on Syfy Original's Hell Den
• Marcos Gonsalez, Essayist and Assistant Professor of English
• Yahdon Israel, Educator, entrepreneur, editor, writer and founder of Literaryswag
• Snigdha Sur, Founder and CEO, The Juggernaut