Dyson College of Arts and Sciences
Media, Communications, and Visual Arts
Choate House 255Choate
MPhil , Columbia University
MS , Brooklyn College
PhD , Columbia University
BA , Brooklyn College , Brooklyn, NY , 1968
Awards and Honors
- Susan G. Komen NYC Affiliate , September 2014 - Largest University Team – Pace University September 2014 - Susan G Komen Foundation Volunteer of the Year June 2014 - Cerificate of Recognition American Veterans of foreign Wars
- Future Teachers of America, May 8, 2013 - Outstanding Teacher Award
- Pace University, 2012 - Future Teachers of Americas
- Coldwater Creek Inc, 2012 - Spirit of ServiceAward June 2012 - Jefferson Award for Public Service 2009 - Pace's Future Teachers of America Service Award 2008 - Carol S.Russet Award
- Coldwater Creek Inc, August 2008 - Spirited Volunteer Award April 25, 2008 - Distinguished Service Award Rockland County 2005 - BMW National Distinguished Service Award
- National Komen Committee, September 25, 2005 - National Silver Cameo Award – National Service Award April 1999 - Distinguished Service Award Rockland County
- Pace University, 1996 - Kenan Award for Teaching Excellence
- 23 consecutive years, 1991 - Susan G Komen largest University team
Mandel, E. (2015, June). Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Preschoolers on the Spectrum. Kean College, Union, N.J.
Mandel, E. (2015, May). Language Development in the Elementary School Child. Kean College, Union, N.J.
Mandel, E. (2015, March). The Role Phonemic Awareness Plays in Learning to Read. Kean College, Union, N.J.
Grants, Sponsored Research and Contracts
Permanant advisor to the Rockland Community College to establish a speech clinic for underprivileged children in Rockland County