Staying Connected: Online Student Life at the English Language Institute
Classes are begin taught – and taken – remotely at Pace University at least until June 1, 2020. This does not mean, however, that our students need to feel isolated. In addition to classes, there will be many ways that you can remain connected with the English Language Institute staff and other students.
Please feel free to email us or call us on (212) 346-1562 or schedule a one-on-one appointment with us – we love to hear from you!
Other online we have lined up are:
Enjoy “live” music together + discuss the mechanics behind its creation
- Diplo: Tune in for a live 90-minute “quarantine mix” DJ set from Diplo’s living room
- Napalm Records: Several of the metal label’s artists will be performing live-stream concerts or releasing streams of previously unreleased footage from past performances
- GRAMMY Museum: The Recording Academy museum is offering at-home music education lessons and posting unreleased video of conversations with luminaries from Bob Newhart to Billie Eilish
- Metropolitan Opera: Met Opera will release video of a previously-staged performance each evening, with each release available only until the next afternoon. Daily at 4:30 p.m.
Binge Watch Party
Watch a movie on Netflix then get together to discuss how the movie relates to current events, fashion, historic purpose, etc.
- Netflix Party / Kanopy
Virtual Museum Tours
Join the ELI and other students for guided online tours through exhibits offered online and discuss the art and their reflections on the pieces
- In NY: MOMA / The Met / The Guggenheim
- Google Arts & Culture Museum Tours: Take a self-guided virtual tour through Google’s archive of top museums around the world, from the Getty to the Musée d’Orsay
Join the ELI for guided discussion about:
- “Tips & Tricks” generally about what to do while we are self-quarantining
- How to remain productive while self-quarantining
- Tips on working and studying remotely, etc.
We will connect you with someone from Pace University's staff, faculty or students for conversation. This is a great way to make a new friend and be social during this time of social distancing.
Coffee and Conversation with the Directors
Join one of our directors via Zoom for casual conversaiton over a cup of coffee in your home. Ask questions, chat and connect!