main navigation
my pace
English Language Institute

Applying to the ELI at Pace University

What is the F-1 Visa? Do I need it?

The English Language Institute enrolls students studying with the F-1 (student) visa, B1/B2/VW (tourist) visas and waivers, H1/L1 (work visas), J1 (scholar visas), permanent residents, and other non-immigrant and immigrant visa holders. The type of visa you study with will determine the length of time you are allowed to study in our program and how many classes you will be able to enroll in.

Please use the information below to help you with your decision. If you have questions you may always contact us at (NYC campus) or (Pleasantville campus).

View this page if you are undecided about your visa status.

Please follow to the application procedures if you will study with an F-1 Visa.

If you will not study using an F-1 visa then no application is necessary unless you want to apply for student housing. Please schedule your ELI Placement Exam online so we know to expect you.

If you are transferring from another college or language program and are an F-1 student, learn more about the transfer procedure.