COURSE DESCRIPTIONS, DATES AND PRICES
The minimum English proficiency to be successful in the IELTS Preparation course is CEFR B1, TOEFL score of 55, or IELTS score of 5.5.
IELTS is an international standardized test accepted in Australia, UK, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States.
This 12-hour online course is designed for intermediate and advanced students who need specific test-taking strategies for the IELTS exam to help increase their score. The intensive course will include strategies for all sections of the exam (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
Students will receive feedback from highly qualified instructors familiar with the IELTS exam on submitted writing and speaking samples throughout the course.
Skip ahead to:
- IELTS preparation course description
- Course duration and recommended pace
- Course registration details
- Course benefits
- How to register
Register for this course to:
- understand the format, purpose, timing, question types and scoring of each.
- identify and practice Reading question strategies.
- identify and practice Listening question strategies.
- identify successful and unsuccessful usage of essay Writing organization, coherence, vocabulary, and grammar.
- complete and receive feedback on a mock IELTS Writing Task 2 exam to practice effective pre-test strategies and the production of key components of essay writing including organization, coherence, grammar and vocabulary usage.
- identify key aspects of the Speaking test format and process and identify successful and unsuccessful candidate responses.
- complete and receive feedback on a live mock IELTS Speaking exam with an ELI IELTS Instructor to practice test taking strategies and the production of key components of speaking including fluency, coherence, and grammar and vocabulary usage.
The course includes access to extracurricular study aids to help students improve their reading and listening skills.
The speaking section of the course includes a LIVE interview with your instructor. Detailed feedback is provided within 3 business days. The interviews are recorded, so you can compare your interview to the instructor's feedback in detail.
Tthe minimum time to complete this course and learn effective test-taking strategies is 1 week. Students are encouraged to schedule an IELTS exam no sooner than 1 week after starting the course.
Your live speaking interview will be arranged within 2 business days. Detailed feedback will be provided on your live speaking interview and writing practice essay is provided within 3 business days.
We recommend taking the writing and speaking sections of the course first so you can complete the reading and listening sections while waiting for your detailed and personalized feedback on your practice writing and speaking tests.
Combine the Pace University IELTS Preparation course with your IELTS exam in New York and receive a $10 discount on your IELTS exam*!
Date: On demand. Receive class access within 2 business days of registering. See above for recommended start dates relative to your IELTS test date.
Location: Online (self-paced)
Course price: $199**
Do you want additional practice and feedback with the speaking section? You can schedule a second live interview with additional detailed feedback for an additional $50. This is an add-on to an existing course.
* One discounted test available per completed course
** Prices are subject to change without notice. Schedule may change if external circumstances change.
- 12-hour course
- Flexible study with self-paced lessons
- Set your own learning pace and goals: focus on the sections you want and get feedback at YOUR level
- Live speaking practice test is recorded so you can review it in detail
- Personalized and detailed instructor feedback on writing and speaking sections
- Interactive self-paced lessons with engaging, pedagogically proven methods
- Discounted* IELTS Test price in New York
- Learn strategies and get the practice you need to increase your IELTS score
- Professional faculty deeply familair with the IELTS
- No registration or placement test fee
- Au pair students earning hours towards their education requirement may register for an additional research assignment
All registration and payment for courses is done online.
If you have already taken a class (Weekend, Evening, Saturday, or Weekday) with us before, you already have a university account. You MUST activate the account before registering for a new course. Please DO NOT create a new account. Please read the Online Registration Instruction including the Account Activation (PDF). Multiple accounts will make it difficult to verify classes you took for your credit hour requirement. If you took a course in the past, you may get the error message "Duplicate Course." If you get a "Duplicate Course" message, please call (914) 422-4042 or email the English Language Institute. Please indicate your first and last names clearly.
Enrollment is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis. No registration will be accepted until payment has been received. This requirement applies to all participants.
Students have full access to all course materials within 2 business days of registration. As a result of having full access to the course materials, this course is non-refundable and subject to a 0% tuition cancellation.
DISCOUNTED IELTS EXAM
Students who complete one 12-hour Online IELTS Preparation course are eligible for one $10 discounted IELTS Exam in New York. To receive the discounted IELTS exam price, the ELI Admissions team will ask for identifying information that will be shared with the IELTS registration team.
Please review all important policies related to our courses, including:
- Course Completion
For more information, please contact the English Language Institute.
Phone: (212) 346-1562