The minimum English proficiency to be successful in the below courses is CEFR B2, TOEFL score of 62, or IELTS score of 6.
This course is designed for students who wish to improve their overall ability to speak publicly in English in classrooms, meetings, presentations and formal situations.
You will view good and poor examples of public speaking, analyze them, and learn what makes a good public speaking performance. You will also practice each of those skills individually and as a whole.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Recognize and adopt techniques and strategies used by successful public speakers.
- Gain personal confidence in speaking in front of an audience.
- Incorporate appropriate and effective body language.
- Use a wide array of techniques for presenting, negotiating conversations, and responding to questions.
- Vary language choices for formal vs informal situations and diverse audiences.
- Improve persuasion techniques, expression of opinions, and conveying agreement/disagreement.
- Enhance and improve your fluency, intonation, and pronunciation.
Flexible Study Options
Public Speaking courses will be held on-campus in Westchester, as well as Online (HyFlex*).
Note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption is required for all on-campus students at the New York City and Westchester campuses. This requirement is only to access the university’s physical campuses; online only students are not subject to this requirement. View upload instructions and other important information, including how to request an extension or exemption.
*Our Public Speaking courses are delivered in a HyFlex model. In this model, the course is taught both on-campus and online at the same time by the same faculty member. The instructor will be in the classroom and teaching on-campus students while simultaneously live-streaming to remote students.
Submit our Class Interest Form** to be notified when registration for this class is available.
*Schedule and prices are subject to change without notice.
- 18 hour courses
- Digital certificate of completion
- Flexible study options with in-person or online (HyFlex) options
- Professional faculty
- Full campus access, including fitness centers, for students studying in-person
- Academic advisement
- No registration or test fee
- Free parking (Westchester campus)
- Au pair students earning hours towards their education requirement may register for an additional 4-hour or 6-hour research assignment
All registration and payment for courses is done online.
Enrollment is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis. No registration will be accepted until payment has been received. This requirement applies to all participants.
Prospective and enrolled students should review essential policies and useful resources for students studying at Pace ELI. Au Pairs participating in our courses should also review important policies for Au Pairs for earning hours towards the J-1 Au Pair education requirement at Pace ELI.