Programs For Au Pairs In Westchester
CORONAVIRUS/ COVID-19 UPDATE
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in New York State, all Pace University classes will be online until at August 23, 2020.
If you are interested in studying between May-August, please view our Online courses. All courses listed below will be offered in Fall 2020 starting August 24, 2020.
Please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Benefits of getting your au pair education credits at Pace University’s Westchester campus
The English Language Institute in White Plains, Westchester (40 minutes by train from New York City) offers many different courses for au pairs. You can learn new skills and information to help you reach your personal and professional goals. With a variety of different schedules, interesting topics and special au pair pricing, you can easily earn the education credits you need for your J1 visa at an affordable price.
- Two convenient locations
- Multiple options for getting the credits you need (weekday morning, weekday evening, weekend)
- Discounted prices for au pairs on regular courses
- Interesting and helpful courses that you can use when you go back home
- Full use of university facilities and benefits, including:
- Gym (NYC and Pleasantville)
- Olympic-sized swimming pool (Pleasantville)
- Library (NYC and Pleasantville)
- Free parking (White Plains and Pleasantville)
- Discounts at local eateries (all campuses) and Schimel Theater (NYC) with Pace ID card
- Access to intramural sports (Pleasantville)
How Can You Make the 60 Hours or 72 Hours/6-Credit Requirement?
There are several ways for you to get 60 hours or 72 hours/6 credits by taking courses in multiple sessions or combining programs. View all course combinations below by selecting the term you are interested in. Detailed course information is available below.
Programs For Au Pairs In Westchester
** Courses currently permissible for education credits** Get the education credits you need while in-person courses are temporarily suspended and being held online due to COVID-19.
An opportunity for au pairs around the country to study English online in our weekday Intensive English Program at a special discounted rate. Intermediate-Upper Intermediate levels. Courses include:
- Grammar & Writing (Monday mornings). 5 hours/week.
- Reading & Vocabulary (Tuesday mornings). 4 hours/week.
- Conversation & Listening (Wednesday mornings). 5 hours/week.
- Social English (Thursday mornings). 4 hours/week.
A limited number of seats are available for au pairs to join classes in our 7-week Intensive English Program at deeply discounted rates.
Earn 28 - 35 hours
Classes in these programs are conveniently scheduled on weekday evenings. English classes that focus on all aspects of English are designed for non-native English speakers who want to improve their English skills for personal and professional reasons.
Offered Monday or Wednesday evenings mornings (5 hours/ week).
Earn 35 hours
Classes in these programs are conveniently scheduled on Saturday mornings. Business English classes that focus on the English and professional skills you need for success in business and business negotiations skills.
Offered Saturday mornings (3 hours/ week).
Earn 18 hours
Course prepares au pairs to reach their TOEFL iBT score goals by teaching every aspect of the tests including grammar, vocabulary, reading, speaking, listening and test-taking strategies.
Offered Friday mornings (4 hours/ week).
Earn 28 hours
Special two-day weekend courses for au pairs. Fun, interesting and helpful topics.
Earn 20 hours in a weekend or choose the weekend course and optional essay for 40 hours!
4-hour or 6-hour research assignments allows you to practice your academic research skills and earn 4 hours or 6 hours toward your au pair education requirement.
Must be taken in conjunction with or following a face-to-face or online course.
Perfect for au pairs who have studied law, are thinking of studying law or are lawyers in their country.
- Reading Legal Materials (Monday morning)
- Listening and Speaking Skills for Law School (Tuesday morning)
- Legal Writing (Self-paced)
- U.S. Law and Legal Education (Self-paced)
Earn 20 hours per 5-hour course. Offered in July.
For questions, please contact our Admissions team.