Programs For Au Pairs In Westchester
The English Language Institute in White Plains, Westchester (40 minutes by train from New York City) offers many different courses for au pairs. You can learn new skills and information to help you reach your personal and professional goals. With a variety of different schedules, interesting topics and special au pair pricing, you can easily earn the education credits you need for your J1 visa at an affordable price.
Benefits of getting your au pair education credits at Pace University’s White Plains campus:
- Two convenient locations
- Multiple options for getting the credits you need (weekday morning, weekday evening, weekend)
- Discounted prices for au pairs on regular courses
- Interesting and helpful courses that you can use when you go back home
- Full use of university facilities and benefits, including:
- Gym (NYC and Pleasantville)
- Olympic-sized swimming pool (Pleasantville)
- Library (NYC and Pleasantville)
- Free parking (White Plains and Pleasantville)
- Discounts at local eateries (all campuses) and Schimel Theater (NYC) with Pace ID card
- Access to intramural sports (Pleasantville)
How Can You Make the 60-Hour or 72-Hours/6-Credit Requirement?
There are several ways for you to get 60-hours 72 hours/6 credits by taking courses in multiple sessions or combining programs. View all course combinations below by selecting the term you are interested in. Detailed course information is available below.
- Fall and Spring Courses (PDF) (September-May sessions)
- Summer Courses (PDF) (May-August sessions) - AVAILABLE SOON
- Winter Course (PDF) (January) - AVAILABLE SOON
Pace University’s English Language Institute offers deeply discounted rates for au pairs to join classes in our weekday morning Intensive Program. Courses include Grammar and Writing, Reading and Vocabulary, Oral Skills and Conversation and Listening. A limited number of seats at the au pair discounted price are available. 6- or 7-week courses.
Special two-day weekend courses for au pairs. Earn 20 hours in a weekend or choose the weekend course and optional essay for 40 hours! Fun, interesting and helpful topics.
Classes in these programs are conveniently scheduled during the weekday evening. Courses are designed for non-native English speakers who want to improve their English skills for personal and professional reasons. 6- or 7-week courses.
Classes are held on Friday mornings and Saturdays, and prepare au pairs to reach their TOEFL iBT or IELTS score goals by teaching every aspect of the tests including grammar, vocabulary, reading, speaking, listening and test-taking strategies.
Develop career readiness and gain 50-72 hours of credits in an intensive (9:00am-12:35pm) 3-week program in January.
4-hour or 6-hour research assignments allows you to practice your academic research skills while earning 4 hours or 6 hours toward your au pair education requirement. Must be taken in conjunction with or following a face-to-face course.
For questions, please contact our Admissions team.