From Research to Writing: a Library Workshop
Online activities to be completed:
Week of May 21, 2018
In-Person meeting facilitated in New York City and Pleasantville simultaneously:
Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 1-4PM, including coffee and light refreshments
Join this hands-on, hybrid workshop devoted to Pace Library research tools, services and resources in place to support you in your research and writing. Through a series of online videos you will be introduced to searching for books, e-books, journal titles and journal articles in Pace Library resources and using tools that take you beyond the Pace collections. You will be asked to complete a number of search tasks on your own which will be submitted via Blackboard before the in-person meeting on May 30. During the in-person meeting you will receive instruction on using the Ulrich’s database which helps you locate avenues for publication. You will also be introduced to resources available to you as a Pace faculty member in other local and regional libraries. You will learn how you can set up a citation analysis consultation, and you will receive custom research recommendations during a one-on-one consultation with a Pace librarian.
Be sure to include a description of your current research project or your research area. A librarian will contact you after receiving your registration.
- Locate books, e-books, journal titles, and full-text journal articles using Pace Library research tools
- Request materials using the Pace Library ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service
- Use the Ulrich’s database to locate desirable publication outlets
- Be aware of opportunities to use other local libraries in-person and online including METRO member libraries, WALDO member libraries, ConnectNY libraries, and New York Public Library
- Know how to request a Citation Analysis consultation with a librarian
- Receive custom research recommendations prepared by a Pace Librarian
Email the Faculty Center for questions.