National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
Pace University is now an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). The independent center provides professional development, training, and mentorship opportunities to more than 83,000 members representing colleges and universities in the United States. As an institutional member, faculty members and academic professionals from all ranks can enroll in a free sub-account membership to get access to the center’s online resources which include workshops, webinars, and seminars on topics related to faculty life, such as increasing writing productivity, prioritizing and managing time, cultivating mentors, securing external funding, and maintaining work-life balance.
NCFDD Member Resources
NCFDD resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines and include a range of topics such as time management, overcoming academic perfectionism, how to develop a daily writing plan, how to write grant proposals, and more. The NCFDD is dedicated to faculty success throughout a career lifespan and is an excellent resource for support, for increasing productivity, for learning effective time management, and for living a balanced and healthy life.
They provide a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
How to Sign Up
To claim your free Institutional Membership, complete the following steps:
1) Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
2) Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
3) Select “Activate my Membership”
4) Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @pace.edu)
5) Go to your Pace email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.