Tenure and Promotion Information Sessions
TAP Information Session for Candidates
The Faculty Center is facilitating Tenure and Promotion Information Session for faculty applying for tenure and/or promotion in the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 academic years.
New York City Campus
[The below sessions have already occurred. 2021 session TBA]
Date: February 21st 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Location: NYC Schimmel Center Lobby
Register for Tenure & Promotion Information Session
Webinar: Tenure and Promotion Information Session
To accommodate those who cannot attend the TAP Information Session on Friday, February 21, a webinar will be held on Wednesday, February 26th from 12:10-1:10pm. This webinar will present questions asked at the February 21 session and the answers that were provided by the Deans and representatives of TAP committees, Department Chairs, and recently Tenured/Promoted Faculty. It will also review the TAP 2020-2021 timeline and guidelines. Note: Panelists participating in the February 21 session (e.g., Deans, TAP committee members) will not attend this webinar.
Here is the recording of the Tenure and Promotion Information Session Webinar and a copy of the presentation (PDF) from the webinar.
Preparing for TAP Evaluations Session for Committees, Chairs, and Deans
With any process there is room for improvement. As you prepare to participate in the Tenure and/or Promotion process, the Faculty Center is holding a session to review the TAP timeline, required forms, Interfolio, and, with Pace’s Chief Diversity Officer Tiffany Hamilton, to explore methods to minimize bias in the review process. This one-hour session is being offered to anyone who will participate in the TAP process this year, including Department Chairs, Deans and those who will serve on the TAP committees.
Date: Thursday, September 17
Time: 3:25 p.m. - 4:25 p.m.
Presenter: CDO Tiffany Hamilton, Joan Walker, and Ally Kimmel
Webinar: This session will be facilitated online via Zoom Meeting
Below is a summary of information discussed at the meeting:
- Preparing for TAP Evaluations
- Ensuring a Fair Tenure and Promotion Review
- 2020-2021 TAP Timeline
- 2020 TAP Guidelines
- September 25, 2020, Department TAP Committees and Department Chairs receive access to candidates’ dossiers.
- October 14: Chairs of the Department TAP committees submit evaluation forms and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com.
- October 21: SOE and CHP do not have Department TAP Committees. In these schools, evaluation forms will be completed as follows:
- Pete McDermott for Christine Clayton
- Lin Drury for Millie Hepburn-Smith & Esma Paljevic
- Rhonda Maneval for Joshua Mendelsohn
- School TAP Committees and Deans will receive the cases on October 26. School TAP Committees submit evaluation forms to firstname.lastname@example.org on November 11. Deans submit evaluations forms on December 7.
- SOE members are:
- Lauren Birney
- Leslie Soodak
- Francine Falk-Ross
- CHP members are:
- Abbey Berg
- Winifred Connerton
- Lin Drury (recused for Millie and Esma)
- Lucille Ferrara
- Joanne Singleton
- Dyson members are:
- Joseph Franco
- Karen Caldwell
- Anthony Mancini
- Zafir Buraei
- Kimberly Collica-Cox
- Stephanie Hsu
- Eve Laramee
- Nancy Reagin
- Angela Legg
- Lubin members are:
- Matthew Morey
- Susanna Cahn
- Philip Cohen
- Canan Corus
- Kam Chan
- Samir El-Gazzar
- Rosario Girasa
- Padma Kadiyala
- Janice Winch
- Mary Long
- SOE members are:
Note: if there is anyone who has a conflict of interest or is serving on two committees and is not noted as recused for the correct candidate, please email Ally Kimmel email@example.com.
The 2020 TAP Guidelines:
- were approved in 2016 by the Faculty Council;
- state that all documents are confidential (candidates cannot see them) except for the documents in the Faculty eDossier (which are the following documents: CV, Executive Summary, and Teaching, Research, and Service material);
- state that there should be 5 external evaluations. However, the guidelines are silent on any implications of not receiving this number of reviews. Due to the pandemic, academics invited to review may not have been able to provide an evaluation for our TAP candidates;
- state that a “form” for evaluation is to be used and submitted to the next stage in the review. Therefore, this form is required. Please note that the guidelines do not prevent including information/documentation in addition to the form.
- Note: use Adobe Reader (free) or Adobe DC Pro when filling out the form. Do not use Preview or other applications as data entered may not be saved.