Financial Information Systems
The primary mission of the unit is to maintain all systems utilized within the areas of Finance & Planning with a concentration on the following:
- Train employees from all University functions to properly utilize the Financial Information system, Physical Plant system, Purchasing system and other cross- functional systems
- Continue to automate functions by research, testing, implementing, and supporting the decentralization of current central processes.
- Serve as liaison, team member and/or facilitator in all current and future projects related to technological improvements in the area of Finance and Planning.
Kronos is a web based time & attendance application used by non-instructional staff and students to capture leave time (i.e. sick days, vacation, leaves of absence, etc.) and to more efficiently enter time worked for the processing of semi-monthly payrolls. Users have the ability to review, change, or approve employees’ time, as well as use the system to set schedules and generate reports.
E-Procurement market place (SciQuest) is a web based application that allows users to purchase products/services from vendors. E-procurement provides faster handling of purchase orders with quick, simple access to contract or negotiated pricing through on-line catalogs that eliminates paper as well as the need to copy and file requisitions.
Special Payment Request and Independent Contractor Request Training Guides
E-Procurement Phoenix Training Guides
- View the new features of the Phoenix interface (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement System Tutorial (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement - Copying Cart (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement - Email Preferences (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement - Creating a Hosted Catalog Purchase Order (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement - Creating a Non-Catalog Purchase Order (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement - Creating a Punch-Out Purchase Order (PDF) - NEW
- E-Procurement - Navigating Updated Search Interface (PDF) -NEW
New Change Order Process Guides
- Quantity or Price Increase/Decrease (PDF) - NEW
- Add a Line Item (PDF) - NEW
- Remove a Line Item (PDF) - NEW
- Cancel a Purchase Order (PDF) - NEW
Banner finance is web based financial management system used to record and report financial transactions based on financial activity at the University. It is used by budget representatives and budget managers to obtain and gather information related to budgets, revenues and expenditures. Banner finance comes in two different flavors: Finance Self Service Banner (FSS) and Internet Native Banner (INB). Both options are accessible through the MyPace portal.
- Financial Self Service - Budget Queries (PDF)
- Financial Self Service - View Documents (PDF)
- Financial Self Service - Encumbrance Query (PDF)
- Financial Self Service - Multiple line Budget Transfer (PDF)
Business Card Program
The new Business Card Program includes a purchasing card, corporate travel card, fleet card and ghost card. The purchasing card is for everyday business expenses, the corporate travel card is for travel and entertainment expenses. The transportation department will utilize the fleet card for fuel and the ghost card is a card used for individual vendors.
The New Business Card program follows many of the same policies (retention of receipts, tax exempt purchases, etc.). Training on the new system is required for all card holders, as well as each card holder will be required to fill out a New Card Agreement.
- Chrome River
- Reconciliation Process (PDF)
- Who is my Business Representative (PDF)
- Setting up my Email notification (PDF)
- Updating my contact information (PDF)
- Business Card Holder Agreement Form (PDF)
- Reporting on my data (PDF)
- How to change my password (PDF)
- The Purchasing Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- The Travel Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- Purchasing Card Reconciliation Form (PDF)
- Travel Card Reconciliation Form
This course provides instruction for Faculty and Staff to utilize the online Travel and Expense reimbursement system.
Participants will learn how to navigate the system, enter and track expense reports and/or reconcile Pace University credit card transactions. Budget managers will additionally learn how to approve expense reports.
Who should attend: Managers and support staff who have Travel and Expense reimbursements to submit and/or credit cards to reconcile.