main navigation
my pace
Financial Aid

How To Apply For Aid

Steps in obtaining Financial Aid are similar for Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Whether you are a new or returning student, you must apply annually for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Please Note: If you are an international student, you are not eligible for federal or state financial aid programs, however, you may qualify for one of the many scholarships offered at Pace University.

Merit scholarships and merit-based aid do not require a FAFSA submission.

Applying for Financial Aid is similar for most students, whether you are a Freshman, Transfer or Graduate student. However, there are some differences that you should be aware of, depending on whether you are a future or current student.

Follow the steps below to apply for Financial Aid. Then review any additional steps required for:


To apply for financial aid from the Federal Government, New York State or Pace University, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. You can apply online starting October 1st each year.

You and your parents (if applicable) must electronically sign the FAFSA online using your unique FSA ID. If you and/or your parents do not have an FSA ID you can create one at the Federal Student Aid website.

For priority consideration, you should file the FAFSA no later than November 15th as some awards are made to qualifying applicants on a first come, first serve basis. Please note, you can continue to file your FAFSA after this date.

You may estimate your answers concerning your federal tax return information if you have not yet completed your tax return. Estimating the answers to tax questions on the FAFSA is OK – because you can update the data once the tax returns are complete. Students admitted to Pace University for the Spring semester should file the FAFSA no later than December 1st for priority consideration.

Please note: Students and parents should use their 2017 tax information when completing the 2019-2020 FAFSA.

When you complete the FAFSA you will need to list one of the following Pace University campus codes:


  • New York City campus: 002791
  • Pleasantville campus: 002792
  • White Plains campus: 002727


Shortly after filing the FAFSA the Federal Aid Processing Center will send you an Electronic Student Aid Report (eSAR). It is essential you read the comments, check the data, and follow all instructions, especially if they require that you make any corrections.


Read all communications received from the Pace University Financial Aid Office and return any requested documentation promptly. Be sure to look out for notices such as the Financial Aid Award letter.

The Financial Aid office communicates with students via their Pace University email account, MyPace portal and, occasionally, through the U.S. postal system. Be sure to setup your Pace University email account and log in to your MyPace portal regularly to stay up to date with important information about your Financial Aid.

When contacting the Financial Aid Office be sure to have available the student's first and last name along with their University ID number. Be sure to include this information in all written correspondence, voice mail, or email as well. If you are contacting the Financial Aid Office on behalf of a current student, please make sure you are listed on their Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA") form. For more information, or to complete the FERPA form please visit our FERPA policy page.

Learn more about the FAFSA and the role it plays in determining your Financial Aid package?


New York State Aid

To complete your application for New York State aid (New York residents only), complete the Express TAP Application (ETA) online. (You will be provided with a link to the ETA from the FAFSA website after you finish filing your FAFSA.)

Legal New York residents who did not submit the online TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) application after completing the FAFSA and who wish to be considered for New York State aid may access the application at the TAP website.

Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans

To apply for the Direct Parent PLUS loan, have your parent return the PLUS Application included in the Financial Aid Awards booklet, which you received with your Financial Aid Award Notice. This application can also be found in the forms section of the Financial Aid website. Applicants must pass a credit check to be approved for this loan.

Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans

To apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS loan, return the PLUS Application included in the Financial Aid Awards booklet, which you received with your Financial Aid Award Notice. This application that can be found in the forms section in the Financial Aid website. Applicants must pass a credit check to be approved for this loan.

Pace University Endowed Scholarships

Apply for Endowed Scholarships from Pace University (Continuing and Resuming students only).

Alternative Loans

To apply for Alternative Loans from private lenders, apply on your lender's website and provide your lender with any requested documentation.

Summer Financial Aid

Limited types and amounts of financial aid are available for the summer terms. Students should be aware that using financial aid during the summers may impact their eligibility for aid during the following academic year or at the end of their degree program.

Students interested in receiving financial aid for the summer terms should make sure they have filed the FAFSA for the academic year prior to the summer (i.e. 2018-2019 for Summer 2019). In most cases a student should also already have a FAFSA on file for the following academic year.

In addition, summer aid applicants must file a Pace University Application for Summer Financial Aid, which is available in the beginning of March each year on the Financial Aid website under the forms section. Students can also obtain a Summer Application from the Financial Aid Office on their home campus.