Security Services Provided & Coorperative Effort
Services provided by the Security Department to the University community
- Cut and issue keys for doors and furniture.
- Provides an escort service between any two points on campus between dusk and dawn.
- Administers the University parking program, including issuing permits and enforcing regulations.
- Jump-starts vehicles with dead batteries and provides slim-jims to those who have locked themselves out of their cars.
- Notifies members of the University community in the event of certain crimes.
Remember that security is a cooperative effort
Although the security department's principal function is the safety and security of all in the Pace community, no program can be completed successfully without the full cooperation of the students, faculty and staff.
As statistics have indicated, incidents of serious crime on campus are rare. However, minor crimes such as crimes of opportunity do occur. Therefore the following rules are important
- Never prop open the doors to residence halls.
- Dorm and office doors should be locked whenever left unattended, even for a short time.
- Ask visitors for identification before allowing them into a building or room.
- Do not lend your keys. Carry them at all times.
- Keep your car locked and park it in a well-lit area.
- Do not leave valuables visible.
- If you see people that look suspicious, report them to the security department.
- If you leave valuables in an unattended locker, be sure to lock it.
- Do not leave valuables unattended in a purse, backpack or on a chair not directly in your view. This applies particularly to visits to the library, cafeteria or computer lab.