New York City Eligibility
Incoming First Year Students
To be eligible for the Honors College, first-year students must have a minimum high school average of 90 and a minimum SAT score of 1270 (minimum of 610 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section and 570 in the Math section), or a minimum of 27 on the ACT. All accepted students who meet these minimums will be reviewed for the Honors College.
Transfer Students (from Pace or other Universities)
Any Pace student who has completed between 30-45 credits is eligible to apply to the Honors College. Students who transfer from other colleges/universities are also eligible to be reviewed for the Honors College. Please allow at least 3 weeks for a decision. The following application process pertains to transfer students:
Internal Transfer Students
Any Pace student with a minimum 3.5 GPA and has completed between 30-45 credits (approximately 1 year at Pace) is eligible to apply. The following documents are required:
- Statement of Interest (Cover Letter)
- Unofficial academic transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a Pace faculty member. You may also submit an optional letter of recommendation from a supervisor, Pace staff member, or academic advisor.
- 2 Essays (500 words each)
- If you could not put the Honors College on your resume and you could not get additional money for being part of it, why would you want to join the Honors College?
- Please choose one of the following:
- What would you like to change about your Pace experience and why?
- What is something (not someone) that you care about and why is it meaningful to you?
- Describe your involvement on or off campus since you started at Pace and what you have learned from that experience.
Letters of recommendation can be emailed to PaceHonorsNYC@gmail.com.
- Fall Semester: July 1st
- Spring Semester: January 4th
External Transfer Students
Students applying to Pace University with a minimum 3.5 GPA and between 30-45 credits are eligible to be reviewed for the Honors College. For more information on the requirements and process please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.