New York City Eligibility
Incoming First Year Students
To be considered for the Honors College, incoming first year students must have a minimum high school grade point average of 90, combined SAT scores of 1270 with Critical Reading minimum score of 570 and Math scores of 610, and ACT scores of 27. Students may apply as test optional to be considered for admission within the Pforzheimer Honors College. You will need a need a minimum 90 GPA and will need to submit two essays that are listed on the application.
Transfer Students (from Pace or other Universities)
Any Pace student who has completed between 30-45 credits is eligible to apply to the Honors College. Students who transfer from other colleges/universities are also eligible to be reviewed for the Honors College. Please allow at least 3 weeks for a decision. The following application process pertains to transfer students:
Internal Transfer Students
Any Pace student with a minimum 3.5 GPA and has completed between 30-45 credits (approximately 1 year at Pace) is eligible to apply. Do not apply if you have over 50 credits. We will not consider your application for admission.
The following documents are required:
- Statement of Interest (Cover Letter)
- Unofficial academic transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a Pace faculty member. You may also submit an optional letter of recommendation from a supervisor, Pace staff member, or academic advisor.
- 2 Essays (500 words each)
- If you could not put the Honors College on your resume and you could not get additional money for being part of it, why would you want to join the Honors College?
- Please choose one of the following:
- What would you like to change about your Pace experience and why?
- What is something (not someone) that you care about and why is it meaningful to you?
- Describe your involvement on or off campus since you started at Pace and what you have learned from that experience.
Please save every file with your name and the title of the document
Finalists will be contacted for an interview via Zoom with members of the Honors staff
Letters of recommendation can be emailed to PaceHonorsNYC@gmail.com.
- Fall 2021 Semester: June 15, 2021
Application must be submitted at the link below and letter(s) of reccomendations must be emailed to PaceHonorsNYC@gmail.com by the deadline in order to be considered.
Contact Jaclyn Kopel, Director of the Honors College (JKopel@pace.edu) if you have any questions.
External Transfer Students
Students applying to Pace University with a minimum 3.5 GPA and between 30-45 credits are eligible to be reviewed for the Honors College. For more information on the requirements and process please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.