Applications for summer student housing will be available online at MyHousing under Applications and Forms on March 15, 2021.
Housing assignments are based on space availability, applying for one type of room does not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate that request. Applications must be completed by April 18, 2021 to ensure a smooth transition to summer housing. All summer residents will be housed in single or a double occupancy room in Elm Hall. The housing rates for summer are listed below.
- Room: Single Room within a Suite
- Price: $1,850 per summer session
You must be a matriculated Pace University student to be eligible for Summer Student Housing. You must also meet ONE or more of the following criteria for the summer term(s) in which you are being housed:
- You must be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship OR a full-time professional internship or job
- You must be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part-time)
- You must be employed on campus as a student aid for no fewer than 20 hours per week
Availability, Duration, and Placement
Summer Student Housing Dates
- Summer session 1
June 1, 2021–July 13, 2021
- Summer session 2
July 14, 2021–August 21, 2021
- Current spring residents will be able to stay in their spring housing assignment until May 1, 2021. Students moving to summer housing will be scheduled to move to their summer space prior to May 1, 2021.
- Summer Student Housing Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Placement, room selection, and assignment information will be sent to each student’s PACE UNIVERSITY EMAIL ADDRESS. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their email account can accept messages or will forward their messages to a preferred address. Students may also check with the housing office in person in order to get the details of their placement.
- Summer housing assignments will be made on or about April 19, 2021.
- During the course of the summer, residents may be required to move at the discretion of the housing office. Such moves will be implemented conservatively, but may be required to consolidate rooms and make additional bed spaces available. Such moves will not be considered grounds for any kind of refund or cancellation of the housing agreement.
- Room Preferences: summer housing for Pace students is limited to single and double rooms. If you have a preferred room, room type, or roommate, please indicate that information on the application. Please note that these preferences are NOT guaranteed.
Deposits and Payments
- Payment in full must be paid made when completing the Summer Student Housing Application at MyHousing. This payment is non-refundable except in extreme extenuating circumstances. Appeals for refunds may be made to University Housing Operations, located in Elm Hall. Appeals are not guaranteed and may require substantial documentation.
- The applicant agrees to pay the University the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by University Housing Operations. Students will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. Payments must be made to Student Accounts.
- The rates quoted above apply only to students staying for the duration of one or both summer terms. Students leaving housing for ANY REASON prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of their Summer Student Housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should email University Housing Operations before applying.
- The application deadline for Summer Student Housing is April 18, 2021. In order to be considered complete, the accompanying payment must also be received by the University. Completed applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
- The deadline to cancel for EITHER summer session is May 1, 2021. Students who cancel by that deadline will be receive a credit for the amount of the summer session(s) for which they applied.
- Receipt by Pace University of the signed Summer 2021 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Summer Housing for the 2021 summer sessions, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace Westchester Campus. The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
- All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the University. Violations of any University policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the Office of Residential Life, University Housing Operations, Security, other residents, or any other member of the University community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the Dean for Students and her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. View the Pace University policies and judicial process.