Current Pace University Students and Enrolled Applicants
The Office of Housing and Residential Life, NYC offers summer housing on the New York City campus to eligible Pace University students. The application process is as follows:
- Review all the information below regarding summer housing policies and the application requirements.
- Beginning Monday, February 12, 2018 Log in to MyHousing and submit an NYC Summer Housing application and payment for each summer session. The deadline to submit a summer housing application is April 17, 2018.
- Pay $2,205 at the time of application (the average cost of one semester of summer housing. This amount will be applied to your summer bill. If you actual summer housing charges are higher, you will be required to pay the difference by Friday, May 25, 2018. If you actual summer housing charges are lower, you will be refunded the difference by Friday, May 25, 2018. To request a deferment of this payment email Vinn Randazzo
- Room assignments and instructions for the summer move-in/transition process will be provided on April 27, 2018.
- All summer housing charges must be paid in full by Friday, May 25, 2018; students assigned to a lower cost room will receive a refund of the cost difference between the initial payment and the cost of their room
To be eligible for summer student housing, you must be a Pace University student AND meet at least one of the following criteria for the summer session(s) in which you are being housed. Eligibility is at the discretion of Residential Life.
- Be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part time)
- Be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship or job - a letter from internship or job employer may be requested by the housing staff
- Be employed on campus as a student worker for no fewer than 20 hours per week - a letter from employer may be requested by the housing staff
Summer Housing Rates
A limited number of rooms will be available during the summer semester for summer sessions 1 and 2 at the rates listed below (the building in which summer students will be placed has not yet been determined, but will be announced by the application deadline):
- Triple Room — $1,925 per resident for each summer semester ($3,850 total for both summer sessions)
- Double Room (limited availability) — $2,205 per resident for each summer semester ($4,410 total for both summer sessions)
Availability, Duration and Placement
All students approved for 2018 summer housing will reside in either the 182 Broadway or 33 Beekman residence halls (at the discretion of Pace University; the summer residence hall will be announced by the application deadline). If you have a preferred room or roommate, please indicate that information on the summer housing application. Students must complete a separate application for EACH summer session they wish to be on campus:
- summer 1 only
- summer 2 only
- If applying for BOTH summer 1 and summer 2, student's must complete BOTH applications, and submit prepayment for each. The deadline for summer 2 applications will be extended through mid-June.
The availability of Student Summer Housing is limited. A small number of rooms (quantity based on historical usage of summer housing) will be available during the summer:
- Summer Session 1 - Sunday, May 27, 2018 to Saturday, July 7, 2018
- Summer Session 2 - Sunday, July 8, 2018 to Saturday, August 18, 2018
Housing will not be provided during Intersessions, Early Summer I, or Late Summer II. Pace Students residing on campus during the spring semester who are assigned housing for the Summer will be provided housing during the transition period provided they remain on campus and be present to move promptly when instructed. Students may also be required to move into a temporary space during the transition period. Similarly, students residing in housing who are also assigned to housing for the fall semester, may remain on campus during that transition, provided they remain on campus. Students planning to leave campus during the transition must plan to move-out of the residence hall and arrange storage, if needed.
Due to the limited nature of summer student housing, it cannot be guaranteed. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Additional applicants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available. Waitlisted students will receive a refund of their deposit if they are not placed by the end of the first week of the summer session for which they applied.
Summer assignments are made by the Office for Housing and Residential Life based on the preferences submitted in each student's summer housing application. Please note that these preferences are NOT guaranteed. Placement, room selection, assignment and waitlist information will be sent to each student’s Pace University email address in April. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their e-mail account can accept messages or will forward their messages to a preferred address. Students may also check with the housing office in person in order to get the details of their placement.
The housing office reserves the right to change room assignments as necessary. During the course of the summer, residents may be required to move at the discretion of the housing office. Such moves will be implemented conservatively, but students may be required to consolidate rooms to make additional bed spaces available. Such moves will not be considered grounds for any kind of refund or cancellation of the housing agreement.
Application, Deposit, Payment and Cancellation for Pace Students
The deadline for Pace Students to submit the online summer housing application is April 17, 2018. Students must pay the full cost for the summer housing at the time of application. The deadline for Pace students to cancel summer housing is Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
The applicant agrees to pay the university the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Housing & Residential Life. Student will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. The rates indicated are flat rates for each summer session and will not be reduced for shorter stays. Students leaving housing for any reason prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of the charged summer housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the housing office before applying. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance or through the student’s Pace account.
Students who wish to cancel their summer housing after application and/or after moving in for the summer, must submit a housing cancellation form (PDF). Students who cancel their housing after the start of a summer term are eligible for partial refunds of the student housing fee for that semester as follows (cancellation dates are based on the date that both the cancellation form is received AND the student has properly checked out of the residence hall):
- Cancelling during the first week of the summer session: 100% refund, minus the daily rate for each date the student lived in housing
- Cancelling during the second week of the summer session: 70% refund
- Cancelling during the third week of the summer session: 25% refund
- Cancelling during the fourth week of the summer session: 20% refund
- There is no refund after the end of the fourth week of classes
Receipt by Pace University of the Summer 2018 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Summer Housing for the summer semesters, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace NYC Campus. The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the university. Violations of any university policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the office of housing and residential life, security, other residents, or any other member of the university community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the dean of students and his/her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Learn more about Pace University policies and judicial process.
Conference and Visiting Student/Intern Housing, For Individuals Not Affiliated with or Attending Pace University
Individuals and groups not directly affiliated with Pace University can click here to learn more about summer housing options on the Pace University, New York City campus.