Conference and Visiting Student Housing, Not Affiliated with Pace
Individuals and groups not directly affiliated with Pace University who are interested in learning more about summer housing options on the Pace University, New York City campus, must contact Gaby DiRusso, Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Pace University Students and Enrolled Applicants
The Office of Housing and Residential Life, NYC offers summer housing on the New York City campus to eligible Pace University students. The application process is as follows:
- Review all the information below regarding summer housing policies and the application requirements.
- Log in to MyHousing and submit the NYC Summer Housing application and deposit. The deadline to submit an online summer housing application is April 14, 2017.
- Pay $3,560 at the time of application (the full cost of one bed for one summer semester for a 182 Broadway triple); to request a deferment of this payment, contact Josh Chicko by email at email@example.com (charges must be paid in full prior to the start of each summer semester)
- In April, students will receive an email with their summer room assignment and instructions for the move-in process
To be eligible for summer student housing, you must be a Pace University student AND meet at least one of the following criteria for the summer term(s) in which you are being housed. Eligibility is at the discretion of the summer residence director.
- Be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part time)
- Be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship or job - a letter from internship or job employer may be requested by the housing staff
- Be employed on campus as a student worker for no fewer than 20 hours per week - a letter from employer may be requested by the housing staff
Summer Housing Rates
A limited number of triple rooms will be available during the summer semesters on the upper floors of 182 Broadway at the per semester rates listed below:
- Summer I, Triple Room — $3,560 per resident
- Summer II, Triple Room — $3,560 per resident
Availability, Duration and Placement
All students approved for 2017 summer housing will reside on the upper floors of the 182 Broadway residence hall. If you have a preferred room or roommate, please indicate that information on the summer housing application.
The availability of Student Summer Housing is LIMITED. A small number of rooms (quantity based on historical usage of summer housing) will be available during the following times:
- Summer I - Sunday, May 28, 2017 to Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- Summer II - Wednesday, July 12, 2017 to Saturday, August 19, 2017
Housing will not be provided during Intersessions, Early Summer I, or Late Summer II. Pace Students residing on campus during the Spring 2017 semester who are assigned housing during the Summer I semester may appeal to Josh Chicko by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to remain on campus during the spring intersession period. If approved, these students must remain on campus and be present to move promptly when instructed. Students may also be required to move into a temporary space during the transition period. Similarly, students residing in housing during the Summer II semester and also assigned to housing for the Fall 2017 semester, may appeal to remain on campus during that transition.
Due to the limited nature of summer student housing, it cannot be guaranteed. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Additional applicants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available. Waitlisted students will receive a refund of their deposit if they are not placed by the end of the first week of the summer session for which they applied.
Summer assignments are made by the Office for Housing and Residential Life based on the preferences submitted in each student's summer housing application. Please note that these preferences are NOT guaranteed. Placement, room selection, assignment and waitlist information will be sent to each student’s Pace University email address in April. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their e-mail account can accept messages or will forward their messages to a preferred address. Students may also check with the housing office in person in order to get the details of their placement.
The housing office reserves the right to change room assignments as necessary. During the course of the summer, residents may be required to move at the discretion of the housing office. Such moves will be implemented conservatively, but students may be required to consolidate rooms to make additional bed spaces available. Such moves will not be considered grounds for any kind of refund or cancellation of the housing agreement.
Application, Deposit, Payment and Cancellation
The deadline to submit the online summer housing application is April 14, 2017. Students must pay the full cost for the summer I session for a space in a 182 Broadway triple at the time of application ($3560, subject to an increase in cost of the student is assigned to another room type). The deadline to cancel summer housing is May 26, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
The applicant agrees to pay the university the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Housing & Residential Life. Student will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. The rates indicated are flat rates for each summer session and will not be reduced for shorter stays. Students leaving housing for any reason prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of the charged summer housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the housing office before applying. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance or through the student’s Pace account.
Students who wish to cancel their summer housing after application and/or after moving in for the summer, must submit a housing cancellation form. Students who cancel their housing after the start of a summer term are eligible for partial refunds of the student housing fee for that semester as follows (cancellation dates are based on the date that both the cancellation form is received AND the student has properly checked out of the residence hall):
- Cancelling during the first week of the summer session: 100% refund, minus the daily rate for each date the student lived in housing
- Cancelling during the second week of the summer session: 70% refund
- Cancelling during the third week of the summer session: 25% refund
- Cancelling during the fourth week of the summer session: 20% refund
- There is no refund after the end of the fourth week of classes
Receipt by Pace University of the Summer 2017 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Summer Housing for the summer semesters, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace NYC Campus. The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the university. Violations of any university policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the office of housing and residential life, security, other residents, or any other member of the university community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the dean of students and his/her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Pace University policies and judicial process can be found on the Pace website at www.pace.edu.