Planning for Your Arrival
Welcome to Pace University NYC Housing!
Pace is proud to offer an exciting range of housing options. Residence Life in New York is a reflection of the city itself – dynamic, diverse, unique. Our residential program serves as a supportive environment for students to live and learn, complementing their academic education within a context that also facilitates their personal and interpersonal development. Our primary expectation of students is that they develop an understanding and appreciation of what it means to be a member of a community. To us, this means developing a respect for the varying needs of all members of the community, and behaving is such a way as to demonstrate that respect.
- Overview of Fall Housing Assignment & Placement (for new students)
- Overview of Spring Housing Assignment & Placement (for new students)
- Virtual Welcome Packet
- Welcome To Residential Life and Housing Presentation (PDF)
- Residential Life and Housing Brochure (PDF)
- Preparing for Your Arrival To Do List Brochure (PDF)
- Move in Schedule (PDF)
- Directions To Residence Halls
Overview of Housing Assignment/Placement and Communication Timeline (for new incoming students entering in FALL)
- May 1 – Priority date for new first-year and transfer students. Students applying by this date will be guaranteed housing and will receive email by June 1. Final room assignment information will not be made available until the end of the summer (see below).
- May 1 through July 30 – We continue to accept housing applications. Students applying after May 1 may be guaranteed housing on a space-available basis, but may also be placed on a waitlist. An e-mail and letter confirming receipt of the housing application and the student's status (either "guaranteed housing" or placement on a waitlist) will be sent as applications are received. This notice will include a great deal of information about housing, and will refer students to the Pre-Arrival Checklist (see below).
- June 1 - by this date base housing and supplemental dining charges are applied to all students who are guaranteed housing AND all waitlist students. We continue to apply base charges to waitlist students as we get applications through the summer. We do this because we are generally able to accommmodate up to 80% of the waitlist by the first week of the fall term (usually more than 50% are moved to guaranteed housing before check in), and we find that billing them late in the summer can make it difficult to quickly make payments, secure a payment plan, and ensure that the cost of room and board is configured into their financial aid plans.
- June and July - Throughout these months, the housing office will continue to communicate with new students about life on campus. In the last week of July, we will ask students to complete the Pre-Arrival Checklist and Housing Agreement (online forms required before students may move in).
- June 18 - Priority deadline for All Gender Housing. In keeping with the mission of Pace University to promote and support diversity, the Office of Residential Life and Housing Residential Life in New York City offers All Gender Housing options to students who demonstrate an interest in and need for such accommodation (after this date we will continue to work to place students in All-Gender and gender inclusive assignments, but we will only be able to do so on a space-available basis). This process seeks to provide a living environment welcoming to all gender identities; one not limited by the traditional gender binary. All Gender Housing allows for same-gender, different-gender, non-gender, gender-queer or other-gender identities to live together regardless of biological sex in a Platonic environment in which they feel safe and supported. Read the Gender Housing overview and Instructions.
- Last week of June – students placed in housing receive their placement e-mail with assignment and roommate information.
- Mid-August – students placed in housing will receive a final informational email and will be asked .
- Last weekend in August – Move in (exact dates will vary each year). Students move in to residence halls according to the schedule below (based on the residence hall and floor to which they have been assigned - see below).
Overview of Housing Assignment/Placement and Communication Timeline (for students newly applying for housing for the SPRING)
- October through December – housing applications and deposits are collected by housing and admissions. Students are notified by email when their housing application is received and they are guaranteed housing
- December (late) - "base" charges and required supplemental meal plan charges are applied to student accounts; students are asked to provide housing preference information; notifications are sent to all students who have been guaranteed housing that room assignments will be made in the first week of January
- January (second week) - housing assignments are made; students are sent an email with roommate name(s) and contact information and final housing and dining fee amounts
- Late January - residence halls officially open for move in for spring semester
The Spring 2020 check in day for new students is Saturday January 25th from 10AM to 5PM. Students should report directly to their building assignment.
Students wishing to arrive early for ANY reason must complete an EARLY ARRIVAL REQUEST (this form will be available to incoming spring students beginning in December 2019)
The Fall 2020Residence Hall Check-in will take place in all residence halls during Labor Day weekend. Move in times are scheduled based on building and floor assignment according to the 2020 Fall Move-In Schedule (PDF). Please plan to arrive at your residence hall no earlier than the time indicated for your building and floor assignment,