Planning for Your Arrival
Welcome to Pace University NYC Housing!
Pace is proud to offer an exciting range of housing options. Residence Life in New York is a reflection of the city itself – dynamic, diverse, unique. Our residential program serves as a supportive environment for students to live and learn, complementing their academic education within a context that also facilitates their personal and interpersonal development. Our primary expectation of students is that they develop an understanding and appreciation of what it means to be a member of a community. To us, this means developing a respect for the varying needs of all members of the community, and behaving is such a way as to demonstrate that respect.
- Spring Housing Assignment & Placement
- Fall Housing Assignment & Placement
- Virtual Welcome Packet
- Welcome To Residential Life and Housing Presentation (PDF)
- Residential Life and Housing Brochure (PDF)
- Preparing for Your Arrival To Do List Brochure (PDF)
- Move in Schedule
- Directions To Residence Halls
Explanation of Housing Assignment/Placement and Communication Timeline (for new incoming students entering in FALL)
- April – Room Selection process for returning students. For 2019/2020, Maria's Tower, 182 Broadway, and part of 55 John are reserved for first-year students arriving in the fall. Additional residence hall space MAY also be reserved for first-year housing as demand increases. The housing office begins to send guaranteed housing confirmation emails and postal mail packets out to students who have both applied and depoisited for housing.
- May 1 – Priority date for new first-year and transfer students. Students applying by this date will be guaranteed housing and will receive email by June 1. Final room assignment information will not be made available until the end of the summer (see below).
- May 1 through July 30 – We continue to accept housing applications. Students applying after May 1 may be guaranteed housing on a space-available basis. An e-mail and letter confirming receipt of the housing application and the student's status (either "guaranteed housing" or placement on a waitlist) will be sent as applications are recieved. This notice will include a lot of information about housing, and will refer students to the Virtual Welcome Packet (see below).
- June and July - Throughout these months, the housing office will continue to communicate with new students about life on campus. At In the last week of July, we will ask students to complete the Virtual Welcome packet (an online form required before students may move in).
- July 23 - Deadline for All Gender Housing. In keeping with the mission of Pace University to promote and support diversity, the Office of Residential Life and Housing Residential Life in New York City offers All Gender Housing options to students who demonstrate an interest in and need for such accommodation. This process seeks to provide a living environment welcoming to all gender identities; one not limited by the traditional gender binary. All Gender Housing allows for same-gender, different-gender, non-gender, gender-queer or other-gender identities to live together regardless of biological sex in a Platonic environment in which they feel safe and supported. Read the Gender Housing overview and Instructions.
- August (second week) – students placed in housing receive their placement e-mail with assignment, roommate and move in details.
- Last weekend in August – Move in (exact dates will vary each year). Students move in to residence halls according to the schedule below (based on the residence hall and floor to which they have been assigned - see below).
Explanation of Housing Assignment/Placement and Communication Timeline (for students newly applying for housing for the SPRING)
- October through December – housing applications and deposits are collected by housing and admissions. Students are notified by email when their housing application is received and they are guaranteed housing
- December (late) - "base" charges and required supplemental meal plan charges are applied to student accounts; students are asked to provide housing preference information; notifications are sent to all students who have been guaranteed housing that room assignments will be made in the first week of January
- January (second week) - housing assignments are made; students are sent an email with roommate name(s) and contact information and final housing and dining fee amounts
- January 20, 2018 - residence halls officially open for move in for spring 2018 semester
The Spring 2019 check in day for new students is Saturday January 26th from 10AM to 5PM. Students should report directly to their building assignment.
Students wishing to arrive early for ANY reason must complete an EARLY ARRIVAL REQUEST (this form will be available to incoming spring students beginning in December 2018)
The Fall 2019 Residence Hall Check-in will take place in all residence halls during Labor Day weekend. Move in times are scheduled based on building and floor assignment according to the 2019 Fall Move-In Schedule (PDF). Please plan to arrive at your residence hall no earlier than the time indicated for your building and floor assignment,