About the Position
The Pace PathFinder (PP) facilitates the interaction between admitted students and Pace University by hosting these students as overnight guests in their rooms. The PP will serve as a positive role model and develop a sense of community among the admitted students by participating in the Pace Bound Overnight events hosted by the Office of Housing and Residential Life (OHRL) and the Admissions Office. The PP will report to OHRL Professional and Resident Assistant (RA) staff that oversees the Overnight Event. This position will allow PathFinders the ability to develop the transferable skills that will be beneficial in any future employment.
- Earn 5 Programming Perks
- Earn a Pace University T-shirt
- Get FREE meals while hosting students
- Earn $25 per student hosted per event
- Earn a $25 bonus for hosting all scheduled overnights
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
At the time of application, the candidate must be a full time student and be in good academic standing with the university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants must show familiarity with Pace resources, services, and campus buildings, pride in Pace and being a Pace students, ability to uphold all aspects of the Pace Student Code of Conduct, a desire to work collaboratively with prospective students, their families, faculty & staff, a willingness to learn.
Applicants must possess the following role model qualities: maturity, responsibility, initiative, motivation, dedication, flexibility, enthusiasm, integrity, and good work ethic. Applicants must exhibit leadership potential, exhibit good interpersonal communication skills and be able to interact with a variety of types of people.
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in various staff meetings and trainings throughout the school year.
- Plan, host, and participate in social icebreakers and activities during Pace Bound Overnights
- Be available to host admitted students on a scheduled basis (mainly during the spring semester).
- Complete the Pace Bound Overnight Report after all completed overnights.
- Perform other tasks as required.