Hall Closings and Check Out Procedures
End of the Semester Hall Closing
Fall Semester Hall Closing:
The residence halls will close on Saturday, December 22, 2018, at 10:00 am. All residents will need to leave by this time. Those residents that are not returning to housing for the spring term must be checked out by this time. If there are any concerns, residents must talk to the Residence Director of their building.
Spring Semester Hall Closing:
The residence halls will close on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at 12:00 pm. All residents will need to leave by this time. All non-graduating students will need to leave by this time. If there are any concerns, residents must talk to the Residence Director of their building.
Those students who are participating in the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will be provided information about move out after the Commencement date has been finalized. Graduating seniors will need to check out by 6:00 pm on that day.
Check Out Procedures
Check-Out Process for those moving out of their housing assignment.
Option 1 – Checking out with a Staff Member (Typically your RA)
- You can make an appointment with your RA to check out. Please be prompt for this meeting time and meet your RA in the designated location in your community.
- Your room, suite and/or house must be clean and appear as it was when you checked-in. This includes
- Close and lock all windows
- Throw out all garbage
- Remove all personal items from the room- any items left behind will be discarded
- Defrost and clean any rental micro-fridge units 24 hours before check-out
Please be sure to follow all of these steps. Failure to complete any of the above tasks may result in a $75.00 improper check-out fine.
Option 2 – Express Check out
- Fill out the Express Check-Out Envelope which can be picked up from the RA Office.
- Agree to the following:
- I am voluntarily participating in the Express Check OCheck-Outs instead of checking out in person with a Residential Life and Housing staff member;
- I will follow all instructions for checking out of the Residence Halls as stated by the Office of Residential Life and Housing;
- Residential Life and Housing staff will conduct an inspection of my room /suite/ house after the halls have closed and assess damage;
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for ANY damages or cleaning charges that are found during the inspection and understand that I may be billed for the damages;
- Even if you have misplaced your key, you will still need to sign and hand-in an express check-out envelope;
- I acknowledge that if I do not complete this form or check out with a Residential Life and Housing staff member, I will be charged $75 for an ImpropCheck-OutOut.
- I will drop the Express Check-out envelope off in the designated drop boxes upon leaving the community- leaving the envelope with the key in the envelope.
About a month before the semester ends, residential students will receive an email with details about the end of the semester closing procedures and other information regarding their housing assignments. This email will be sent to the student's Pace University email address.