Welcome Center Show Room Application
Please complete this form if you are interested in becoming a room shower for the Welcome Center.
The Welcome Center offers tours 6 days a week, at the following times:
- Monday – Friday: 11:00am and 3:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am
The tour guide will lead the tour and will be present in the room for the duration of each tour.
The commitment is as follows:
- A resident must be available in their room on their designated room showing day from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm AND 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- A resident must be available in their room on Saturdays from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm. These Saturdays will be determined by the Welcome Center once all applications are in. The number of Saturdays will be decided based on how many room showers are selected.
- A resident must be available to show the room on Sunday, October 20, 2019, for Open House. The times will be determined closer to the date.
- On the day of the room showing, a resident must call the Welcome Center (914-773-3640) at 11:00 am and 3:00 pm to check in and confirm if families have arrived for the scheduled tour. If no one has arrived for the tour at that point, the Welcome Center Staff will confirm to you, the student, that you are free to leave the room. The Welcome Center is not responsible for calling the student if no families arrive for the tour.
- Students must keep rooms neat and clean to the standards of the Office of Residential Life and Housing and the Welcome Center:
- Under no circumstances should there be a person sleeping when a tour is coming to view the room
- The beds must be made each day for tours
- Closets must be appropriate and available to be shown
- Floors and furnishings should be clean and without clutter
- No dirty laundry or dishes should be visible/no accumulation of garbage
- No inappropriate or offensive materials may be displayed in the room.
- No prohibited items may be in the room, as outlined in the Guide to Residential Life
- Students must be dressed appropriately – No Pajama’s!
- If you have guests in your room, they must be visible, dressed appropriately, and not make any inappropriate comments.
- Should we need to use the room outside of these hours, we will coordinate with you at least 24 hours in advance.
Each resident of the room will be compensated with a $100 Amazon gift card as long as the students meet the obligations of the Welcome Center/Office of Residential Life and Housing Show Room Agreement. (This agreement will be emailed to if you are selected to be a show room.) Students will be compensated, even if there is no tour and the room is not shown, as long as they have called to verify they are ready for the scheduled tour. The compensation will be given out at the end of the semester after all tours are over.
The viewing rooms will be selected by the Welcome Center in consultation with the Office of Residential Life and Housing.