About HR Departments & Functions
Office of the Vice President
Provides strategic leadership in the planning and implementation of quality integrated human resources programs (i.e., all programs that fall under Compensation and Benefits, Employee & Labor Relations, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Development) for all officers, faculty, and staff of Pace University.
- Continuously evaluates programs and employee effectiveness within the University based on benchmarking, competitive positioning and HR metrics.
- Chairs the University's Compensation Committee and Benefits Advisory Committee and negotiates annual work plans, priorities, and formal action recommendations with faculty and staff elected representatives to these committees.
- Presents recommendations to Board of Trustees' Committees including Staff Affairs Committee, Pension & Investment Committee, and Finance Committee.
Compensation and Benefits
- Coordinates enrollment in University Benefit plans, including for events pertaining to qualifying life changes.
- Organizes the Open Enrollment process, which is the annual opportunity for full-time employees to make changes to their benefit elections.
- Assists employees with benefits concerns, including those related to claims processing and disability/Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) leaves.
- Provides education regarding benefits options, including medical and dental insurance, retirement planning, life insurance, Flexible Spending (FSAs), Commuter Reimbursement (CRAs), the Employee Assistance (EAP), long term care insurance, and tuition remission
- Conducts benefits orientation for new full-time employees
- Ensures salary and reward programs are administered in an equitable manner for staff and faculty.
- Ensures employees are assigned to appropriate job classifications.
- Authorizes salary changes, increases and appropriate job descriptions.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Coach and consult employees and managers with regard to performance management and policy interpretation
- Help facilitate resolution to work-related issues and concerns
- Reward and recognize staff and faculty contributions to Pace University
- Promote wellness in our employees
- Provide opportunities for community involvement
- Advise on the interpretation of collective bargaining agreements
- Assists and advises Hiring Managers with developing and executing recruitment strategies and ensure that recruitment meets all affirmative action commitments.
- Assists Hiring Managers with hiring and onboarding.
- Develops and facilitates new hire orientation programs.
- Manages temporary staffing agencies and placements.
- Supports the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan through training, development and education of employees including technology training, professional staff training and management development.
- Manages the Performance Management and Development Process.
- Conducts needs analysis to ensure appropriate development opportunities are developed and delivered.
- Consults with divisions and schools on HR consulting needs, i.e. retreat and workshop facilitation, consultant referrals, etc.