Give your Child a Healthy Beginning!
The most precious gift you can give your child is a healthy start in life. As a mother-to-be, there are proven steps you can take now to help improve the well-being of your child.
The CIGNA Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies (PDF) program gives you information and support to help you and your baby - from prenatal to post-delivery.
Get rewarded for a good decisions!
When you participate and complete the program you’ll be eligible to receive directly from Cigna:
- $150 if you enroll by the end of your first trimester; or
- $75 if you enroll by the end of your second trimester
Once the baby is born, contact Matt Renna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-923-2738 (x22738) for a Pace onesie and baby t-shirt!
Here are Some Features of the Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies Program
- Easy enrollment. Just call 1-800-615-2906 to enroll at any time during your pregnancy.
- Free, one-time educational mailing that includes a information that provides prenatal care education as well as a journal that can be used to track your pregnancy milestones and have a happy 9 months.
- Round-the-clock access to a valuable health information line staffed by experienced registered nurses. You can also access audiotapes with information about prenatal care, Caesarean sections, postpartum blues and other topics of interest.
- Support from a registered nurse case manager for mothers and babies with special health care needs.
- Post-delivery support and services. Support will continue for you and your baby, even after your baby arrives. And you'll be able to choose from a wide selection of participating pediatricians and family doctors to provide your new baby's medical care.
The Healthy Babies program is offered in addition to the services covered as part of your plan. For more information, please 1-800-615-2906.
Members can call anytime with questions. Some common topics/questions nurses address:
- Diet during pregnancy (what to eat and what to avoid)
- The recommended weight gain during pregnancy
- Exercise during pregnancy
- What is safe and what to avoid while pregnant
- Is it safe to drink caffeine? Eat fish? Eat cheese? How do I avoid listeriosis?
- Questions about breastfeeding,
- Questions about symptoms they are experiencing (cramping, heartburn, backache, etc) and what they can do to alleviate or lessen the symptoms
- Questions about the various tests that they may have
- testing for birth defects, glucose test, group beta strep culture, lab work, genetic screening tests, glucose tolerance test, non stress test, etc?
- Post partum (what to expect after a cesarean, what to expect after vaginal delivery)
- Is this medication safe to use during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to dye my hair or get a permanent when I'm pregnant?
- I was exposed to this chemical, is it safe?
- How late can I travel?
- My job? Is it safe? When should I go on leave?
- How do I talk to my doctor? How can I get my doctor to listen to me?
- Is this procedure covered under my plan? I've never used my benefits before, how do they work?
At Pace, we're committed to helping babies and their mothers be healthy. Working with the CIGNA, we're making every effort to see that babies and their mommies are healthy and happy!