Additional Learning Opportunities
Managing Your Stress in the Workplace
This course explores the sources and consequences of stress, including stress reduction techniques. At the end of the program, participants will:
- Be able to recognize sources of stress.
- Identify psychological and medical consequences of stress.
- Learn the Affective-Emotional, Behavioral-Body, and Cognitive (ABCs) impacts of stress.
- Identify areas where to focus stress relief most effectively.
- Participate in stress reduction activities (ie, yoga, deep breathing, visualization).
This program is offered through the Counseling Center.
Safe Zone Training
Training workshop that provides a foundation of knowledge to be an effective ally to LGBTQ students & those questioning their Sexuality. Participants will learn ways to support affirming environments on campus that promote self determination and actualization in the areas of sexuality and gender identity/expression.
Understanding and Engaging Transgender Students
You may not be aware, but transgender enrollment at Pace is increasing. Do you know how to engage and support transgender students and colleagues? In this session we will provide an overview of best practices for connecting with and relating to transgender individuals. This interactive workshop will discuss the legal rights of transgender folks and answer questions about names, pronouns, and other issues surrounding student gender identity.
For either of the above programs, please reach out to Assistant Director, LGBTQQ Coordinator at email@example.com or at (914)773-3628.