Banner 9 - Training, Video Tutorials and Guides
Banner 9 Training Schedule - 2019
General navigation & terminology familiarization will be the focus of the first half of these short training sessions.
The second half will be to navigate through a specific process (FGIBDST) and related page actions where the method can be applied in a generalized way to specific unit functions.
The proposed approach is to navigate through the new UI using a ‘then and now’ comparisons with Banner 8, with repetition of the new terminology used for Banner 9 features to reinforce them. For example, Banner Forms are now Banner Pages, but retain the same functionality. Please note: This training is an *overview* of Banner 9 and does not drill-down into role-specific functions. While these sessions highlight differences between Banner 8 and Banner 9, they also are useful for new hires who will be working with Banner 9 only.
Go to the Training Registration Site to register for a session now!
Banner 9 - Video Tutorials
Please note: Do NOT use Firefox to view videos!
The below video collection covers the main overall navigation and use of Banner 9 and is offered as 5 stand-alone videos that cover different topics. If you are new to Banner 9, it is recommended to view the list sequentially to cover all the topics. If you are already familiar with Banner 9 and just need a refresher, or wish to know how to set up your own Banner 9 shortcuts, then view the appropriate video titles.
Video Reference Guide / Links
- 1: Full Banner 9 Overview New to Banner 9? - Please view this video first, it covers the essential areas needed to navigate around Banner 9 and understand the new terminology.
- 2: Main Menu Overview Introduces the new Banner 9 menu, its icons and functions. For users who have never accessed Banner 9 and would like to know about what the menu accesses.
- 3: Related Pages / Drilling Down Shows a general example on how to drill down to detailed information using 'Related' (pages) in the Banner 9 tab.
- 4: My Banner (Shortcuts) Want to add time saving page / form shortcuts to Banner 9 using your My Banner menu? Watch this video to learn how.
- 5: Page / Form Navigation – quick start Just want to get started and jump right into Banner 9 pages (formerly 'forms in Banner 8)? Then here's a quick overview of page navigation.
Banner 9 - Guides (PDFs)
- For a Banner 9 overview, including navigation, pages (forms), keyboard shortcuts and also how to set up 'My Banner' shortcuts: Banner 9 Training handout (PDF)
- For budget transfers, a step by step guide for Organizational Budget Status (FGIBDST) and Journal Voucher Quick (FGAVCQ): Banner 9 budget transfers (PDF)
- For Student Advisors, a step by step guide for General Student (SGASTDN) and General Student Summary (SGASTDQ): Banner 9 Student Advisors (PDF)