Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty, staff and students to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville and New York campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues. Dates will be announced via email if there is a walk that week.
NYC: Every Thursday, weather permitting; Meet in front of 110 William Street; Walk from 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm. Get away from your desk and see the city! Join with your colleagues or come alone and make friends! Walkers of all levels and paces are welcome! Walk at your own pace, following a different route each week.
PLV: Last Friday of each month; Meet in front of Choate House; Walk from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Get away from your desk and see the Pleasantville campus! Join with your colleagues or come alone and make friends! Walkers of all levels and paces are welcome! If you have any questions, please contact Inita Mix at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law School: Yoga scheduled for Thursday, June 20 in O-101 from 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm; RSVP to email@example.com. (Mark your calendars! Yoga will take place June 27, July 11, July 18, July 25, and August 1.) Please bring your own mat or beach towel and wear comfortable clothes. All levels are welcome! No experience is necessary! Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org, and use subject line Yoga RSVP. If you respond and attend this event, you will receive an exclusive Pace Yourself to Wellness sun first aid kit!
- Flu Shots - Several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: NYC Bootcamp, Yoga and Zumba classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), Yoga and more!
- Health & Wellness Topics and Tools
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education.
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - Get up to $240 for annual physical and other wellness exams.
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout in November 2019.
- Support Services at Pace
- Tai Chi - We have partnered with the Confucius Institute to offer this program, free of charge.
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
- Wellness Wednesdays - Healthy food options which can earn you a free meal
So, Pace Yourself to Wellness!