Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty, staff and students to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
- Healthy Cooking Demonstration - Thank you for joining us for the cooking demonstration that took place on Monday, November 5, 2018. It was a great success!
- Chartwells' farmers market took place on November 13 in the Cafe 101 seating area. Watch for upcoming dates!
- “What's Your Financial IQ?” On October 1, Pace University launched a 30-day quiz challenge in partnership with TIAA called the Financial IQ Challenge. All participants in the challenge were entered into a sweepstakes for a mini iPad. On November 1, TIAA identified the three lucky winners as: Nicole Spring, Kellie Moran and Ana Figuereo. We trust that all employees who participated in the challenge found the information valuable and are now closer to meeting their financial goals. Based on the average scores by topic, we will work with TIAA to plan seminars that focus on general investment principles as well as retirement savings strategies. Stay tuned for more details, and congratulations to our 3 lucky winners. The next challenge will take place in March, 2019. More information will be coming soon!
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville and New York campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues. Dates will be announced via email if there is a walk that week.
- We are excited to add a Tai Chi program to our wellness initiatives! We have partnered with the Confucius Institute to offer this program, free of charge.
- Flu Shots - several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - get up to $240 for annual physical and other wellness exams
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: NYC Bootcamp, Yoga and Zumba classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), Yoga and more!
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
- Wellness Wednesdays - Healthy food options which can earn you a free meal
- Health & Wellness Topics and Tools
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout on November 15, 2018.
- Support Services at Pace
So, Pace yourself to Wellness!