Do you have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Please read the COVID -19 FAQ (PDF), updated by Cigna March 16, 2020.
- Visit Pace University’s latest updates and policies on Coronavirus.
It’s important to exercise and try to keep your mind and body as healthy as possible. Don’t forget about your financial wellness!
Healthy Relaxing & Fun Staycations Wellness Workshop - Wednesday, April 21 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Registration is required. (You will receive the handouts in advance.)
Have you planned your staycation yet? It’s that time of year when people begin to ask you, “What are your plans this summer?” Will you be traveling? Or will you be embarking on the most beautiful travel plan of all, the one in which you vacation to your own home? Why would you want to take valuable days off work and go nowhere? There are many reasons and in this wellness webinar we’ll be reviewing how to have a healthy, relaxing and fun staycation. Learn creative ways to take a vacation at home to completely de-stress from work incorporating self-care and fun.
- Therapy Dog – Virtual Visit Thursday, April 22 from 1:15 pm – 1:45 pm. Join the therapy dog visit. Meeting ID: 944 7744 6184 Password: 320443
Health and Wellness is partnering with the Pace Library and the Good Dog Foundation to invite you to stop by and say hello to therapy dog Luna for a few minutes of stress relief. If you need further information, please contact Steven Feyl, University Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Cigna Behavioral Health Education Series
Cigna’s seminars are free and you don’t have to register. The seminars are open to anyone, including parents, caregivers and loved ones. Sign up for any one of these seminars and you’ll receive a reminder once the event date gets closer.
Would you like to learn about autism spectrum disorder? Cigna’s phone seminars will help you learn more about the physical, behavioral and emotional growth of individuals who may display its symptoms.
Save the dates for upcoming sessions:
Teens with ASD: Using Mindfulness to Teach Coping and Social Skills
Thursday, May 13 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The Challenges and Opportunities of Neurodiverse Relationships
Thursday, June 10 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Is substance use a concern? Cigna’s phone seminars will help you learn more about physical, behavioral and emotional signs, as well as offer coping techniques and support.
- The Impact of Pandemic Life on Teens - Wednesday, April 21 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm. Call-in number: 1 (866) 770-3260. Visit Cigna's website for more information and to sign up for a reminder.
- Save the dates for upcoming sessions:
Mindfulness in Recovery
Wednesday, May 19,2021 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Help for Families Facing Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders
Wednesday, June 16 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Children and Families
Could you use more help understanding behavioral health issues in children? Cigna’s phone seminars will help you learn more about common issues, as well as offer coping techniques and support.
- School Anxiety and Refusal - Thursday, April 15 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm. Call-in number: 1 (866) 770-3260. Visit Cigna's website for more information and to sign up for a reminder.
- Save the dates for upcoming sessions:
The Intersection of Adolescent Development and Sex Trafficking: Vulnerabilities and Risk Factors
Thursday, May 20 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Thursday, June 17 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Do you know someone with anorexia nervosa or bulimia? We’d like to help you learn more about the physical and emotional symptoms of eating disorders like these.
- How to Feel Better: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in the Treatment of Eating Disorders - Tuesday, April 27 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm. Call-in number: 1 (866) 770-3260. Visit Cigna's website for more information and to sign up for a reminder.
- Save the dates for upcoming sessions:
The Missing Dimension: Current Evidence-Based Strategies for Integrating Movement into Eating Disorders Recovery
Tuesday, May 25 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Journaling for Eating Disorder Recovery
Tuesday, June 22 from 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Tai Chi/Qigong: Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. Join the Tai Chi/Qigong Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 647 272 566. Please contact Inita Mix or email@example.com for the password. Originating in ancient China, Tai Chi and Qigong are some of the most effective exercises for health, combining mind and body. Join us for a moment of tranquility in your day. Gently improve muscle strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, stiffness and overall wellness through coordinated body-postures and movement, breathing and meditation. Classes are provided by Master Lynn X. Lin of Sitan Tai Chi. Master Lynn X. Lin is co-founder and Vice President of Tai Chi Qigong Association of America and Vice President of Sitan Tai Chi & Martial Arts.
Live Remote Athletics Classes
We’ve partnered with Athletics to bring you LIVE remote classes, via zoom! For the zoom links, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org. You now have an opportunity to work out to recorded classes! To obtain the link to any of the recorded Athletics classes listed below, write to JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Yoga with Ingrid: Mondays, from 1:00 p.m.–1:45 p.m. Ingrid’s approach to yoga in this setting, is breath and movement-based and informed with her deep experience in the practice with a focus on inner listening and cultivating a deeper connection to oneself through yoga asana and pranayama, (postures and breath). Health and wellness isn’t just about understanding your body better, but developing the habits and practices that will bring you the transformation you seek. Whether you want to get stronger and more flexible, learn optimal movement, or start or improve your yoga practice, Ingrid welcomes all levels and experience. Ingrid has been teaching yoga at Pace since 2002 and has been a yoga practitioner for 25 years. She is also Nutrition Counselor and Personal Trainer at Equinox. As a lover of deep learning with a myriad of certifications in her field, along with prior corporate experience and a Masters in Philosophy, she brings a unique perspective to the practice. Having learned from and practiced with renowned yogis worldwide, she imparts the teachings of the practice, including mindfulness, to enhance your health and wellbeing. For the link to zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zumba with Joann: Mondays from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. Joann’s Zumba class combines fun, sweat and dancing. JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com
- Meditative Yoga with Lauri – Mondays, 6:15 p.m.–7:15 p.m. Want to wind down after the first day of the work week? Join veteran yoga teacher Lauri Nemetz for a gentle and restorative yoga practice with extra time for long guided meditations, savasana (active relaxation) and more! Adjunct Associate Professor Laurice (Lauri) Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, E-RYT500, LCAT, C-IAYT is well known yoga teacher and has taught at Pace University Pleasantville for over 17 years. She is a past-President of the Yoga Teachers Association (YTA), and is a certified yoga therapist and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA) in addition to being an YA education provider. She has taught yoga and anatomy workshops internationally and presents regularly at conferences and other universities including Harvard Medical School and Oxford University. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga with Lauri: Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Yoga is an ancient practice based on philosophy, mindfulness and asana work. Asanas or “poses” can also be translated as “comfortable seat” meaning that as we practice different poses they become more comfortable for our body and give us more ways to move with ease. Class will have modifications and emphasize an all-level practice and will include breath work and final relaxation. Come join! Adjunct Associate Professor Laurice (Lauri) Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, E-RYT500, LCAT, C-IAYT is well known yoga teacher and has taught at Pace University Pleasantville for over 17 years. She is a past-President of the Yoga Teachers Association (YTA), and is a certified yoga therapist and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA) in addition to being an YA education provider. She has taught yoga and anatomy workshops internationally and presents regularly at conferences and other universities including Harvard Medical School and Oxford University. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Bootcamp with Omar: Wednesdays and Fridays, from 12:30 p.m.–1:00 p.m. This boot camp circuit workout works your entire body with cardio, lower body, upper body and core exercises. You won't need any equipment, which makes this the perfect workout for small spaces, travel exercise or for anyone who wants a challenging workout using their own body weight. You will be walked thru how to modify each exercise towards your fitness level so that you can have a fun and enjoyable workout! Omar Torres is an active student, Army veteran of 12 years. He's competed in numerous fitness competitions such as mixed martial arts, powerlifting, marathons and Spartan races. His various certification include kettlebells and TRX suspension training. Email Jeremy Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
- Toning with Joann: Wednesdays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. The toning class combines weights, cardio floor work, balance and combination of barre exercises that will tone your body. JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Cardio Kickboxing with Joann: Thursdays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. Get ready to punch and kick. This class bring lots of sweat, fun and hard work to this workout. JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online links to practice on your own time:
- Yoga: Ingrid, our yoga instructor in NY recommended this online website for yoga.
- Tai Chi: Olivia, our tai chi instructor recommended this Youtube video to practice tai chi.
TIAA Webinars and Resources
TIAA has developed a single webpage to consolidate the market volatility and coronavirus details: TIAA Guiding you through turbulent times. The webinars are open to all Pace University employees and are posted in the Live Webinar Lounge.
Register or watch past presentations on demand.
- Quarterly Economic and Market Update - Wednesday, April 14 at 12 p.m. Take a closer look at our views on the financial markets, including key market drivers, U.S. economy, policy and politics, and investing in public markets. This seminar will also cover the challenges that investors face and how to navigate them.
- The Power of Saving - Wednesday, April 14 at 3 p.m. Whether you’re the kind of person that lives and spends in the now or plans for what’s ahead, there are always ways to save smarter. In this webinar, you’ll learn a number of strategies for better managing your money, so you have the knowledge and confidence to pay your bills, save for a rainy day, and achieve any larger financial goals you’ve set for yourself.
- Attention To Detail: Financial Finishing Touches for Women - Thursday, April 15 at 12 p.m. Am I ready to retire? How do I know if I have enough? How do I plan my income? What should I look out for as I plan and even after I am retired? Financial success can often complicate your life and we are going to try to help you answer those questions and more.
- Making Gifts to Loved Ones and Charities - Thursday, April 15 at 3 p.m. You can help to maximize the value of your life’s work and help to take care of your survivors and philanthropic causes with a little planning. This webinar will review basic strategies for giving to individuals and charities during your lifetime, as well as legacy planning.
Call the EAP toll-free number at 1-877-622-4327: You do not need to be enrolled in Cigna to participate in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). As always, the EAP is available 24/7. It provides confidential counseling to assist in solving personal, family and work-related problems as well as a resource to go to when you don't know where to go for help. Please call the EAP toll-free number at 1-877-622-4327.
Join a Cigna EAP Wellness Webcast: While feelings of anxiety are normal, they can make day-to-day life more difficult. Cigna EAP is offering several on-demand webcasts that address the impact of these challenges. These one-hour webcasts offer strategies for managing stressful thoughts and emotions. You can explore the idea of resilience and how to build yours up. Experience the practice of mindfulness – a way of gently training your mind for greater calm. And gain practical tips for being successful in a work at home environment. When you log into the Wellness Webcast portal, you can choose to attend one of these seminars, register for upcoming seminars, or attend other on-demand seminars.
Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty and staff to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville, New York and Valhalla campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues. Dates will be announced via email if there is a walk that week.
- NYC: No walks scheduled at this time.
- PLV: No outdoor walks scheduled at this time.
- Valhalla: No walks scheduled at this time.
- Flu Shots - Several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: Tai Chi and Yoga classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), NYC Boot Camp and more!
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education.
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - Get up to a $240 incentive reward payment!
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout in November.
So, Pace Yourself to Wellness!