Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty, staff and students to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
- What’s Your Financial IQ Challenge 2.0 began on Friday, March 1 and ended on Friday, April 5, 2019. The lucky winners of three Apple® iPad® Mini 4 tablet computers will be announced shortly.
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville and New York campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues. Dates will be announced via email if there is a walk that week.
NYC: Wellness Walk Scavenger Hunt: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WALK SCHEDULED FOR Thursday, April 18 IS CANCELLED due to the impending rain forecasted, and REPLACED BY A WEEK-LONG SCAVENGER HUNT! Submit your selfies by Monday, April 22. If you have any questions, please contact Suzy Munoz at email@example.com.
Get away from your desk and see the city! Take a selfie in front of two of the following locations, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm Monday, April 22 to be in a raffle to win two movie tickets!
- Staten Island Ferry - 4 Whitehall Street
- Fraunces Tavern & Museum - 54 Pearl St
- SeaGlass Carousel at the Battery - Water St & State St
- Trinity Church - 75 Broadway
- National Museum of the American Indian - 1 Bowling Green
- Bryant Park - Sixth Avenue between 40th and 42nd Streets
- United Nations - East 42nd Street and 1st Avenue
- Macy’s flagship store - 34th Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue
PLV: Friday, April 26 (last Friday of each month); Meet in front of Choate House; Walk from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Get away from your desk and see the Pleasantville campus! Join with your colleagues or come alone and make friends! Walkers of all levels and paces are welcome! If you have any questions, please contact Inita Mix at email@example.com.
- Flu Shots - Several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: NYC Bootcamp, Yoga and Zumba classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), Yoga and more!
- Health & Wellness Topics and Tools
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education.
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - Get up to $240 for annual physical and other wellness exams.
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout in November 2019.
- Support Services at Pace
- Tai Chi - We have partnered with the Confucius Institute to offer this program, free of charge.
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
- Wellness Wednesdays - Healthy food options which can earn you a free meal
So, Pace Yourself to Wellness!