Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty, staff and students to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
- Mindfulness for Everyone!: Session in NYC will be held on December 4 in the Zannino Conference Room from 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m; and in PLV on December 13 in Kessel, Butcher Suite from 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Registration is required! Join us to learn formal and informal mindfulness practices to help you better respond to stress and find more balance in your life. All levels are welcome, from beginners through experienced meditators! The sessions will be led by Dr. Sophie Kaufman, who has been practicing yoga and meditation for 20 years and trained as a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher at the University of Massachusetts Medical School Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society (CFM). If you have any questions, please contact Sophie Kaufman at email@example.com.
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville, New York and Valhalla campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues. Dates will be announced via email if there is a walk that week.
- NYC: No walks scheduled at this time.
- PLV: No outdoor walks scheduled at this time.
- Valhalla: Join the new walking group! Get away from your desk, make new friends, and walk the grounds around the 100 Summit building! Walkers of all levels and paces are welcome! The next walk is Tuesday, December 10. Meet in front of the 3rd floor elevators of 100 Summit; Walk from 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Watkis.
- Flu Shots - Several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: Tai Chi and Yoga classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), NYC Boot Camp and more!
- Health & Wellness Topics and Tools
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education.
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - Get up to $240 for annual physical and other wellness exams.
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout in November 2019.
- Support Services at Pace
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
So, Pace Yourself to Wellness!