Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty, staff and students to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
“What's Your Financial IQ?” – October 1 – October 31
As we believe that financial wellness is as important as physical and emotional wellness, we have teamed up with TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America), our defined contribution retirement plan, to offer this unique challenge. Put your financial know-how to the test, and you may win one of three Apple® iPad® Mini tablet computer, with Wi-Fi!
The challenge begins on October 1. To enter, and for more details, click here. Complete the registration form with all required information (including your email address) to create your account and to access the "What’s Your Financial IQ?" Quiz. The Quiz consists of seventy-five (75) questions in total and is divided into fifteen (15) different sessions comprised of five (5) questions each. Each session focuses on a particular aspect of personal finance (e.g., retirement planning, investment decisions). Each day, from 10/01/2018 to 10/15/2018, the website will feature a new session. Complete each session, answering each question to the best of your ability within approximately sixty (60) seconds. Each time that you complete a session by answering all five (5) questions, during the month of October, you will receive one (1) entry in the random drawing.
Complete all questions by October 31, 2018. Each time you play, you are entered for a chance to win one of three mini iPads®! The more days you play - the better your chance of winning!
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville and New York campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues! The walks will begin again in Fall 2018, and dates will be announced.
There is currently a wellness walk scavenger hunt taking place in NY through September 26. Take selfies in front of three of the listed locations, and send to HR no later than September 27 for a chance to win a set of movie tickets or a custom Pace Wellness insulated lunch bag with a food container! Please write to Karen Buckwald at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of the locations. If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are excited to add a Tai Chi program to our wellness initiatives! We have partnered with the Confucius Institute to offer this program, free of charge.
- Flu Shots - several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - get up to $240 for annual physical and other wellness exams
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: NYC Bootcamp, Yoga and Zumba classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), Yoga and more!
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
- Wellness Wednesdays - Healthy food options which can earn you a free meal
- Health & Wellness Topics and Tools
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout
- Support Services at Pace
So, Pace yourself to Wellness!