I Make It Happen Training Modules
Module 1: Pace Service Standards
This 2-hour program introduces participants to the I Make It Happen Service Standards Initiative. Learning outcomes:
- Define service and “customer” as it pertains to higher education and Pace University
- Identify elements of customer service
- Identify expectations of customers at Pace
- Recognize steps to take when assisting with a difficult situation
- Identify Pace Service Values and Standards
Who: All newly hired employees are required to complete Module 1. Module 1 is a pre-requisite for all other I Make It Happen training modules.
Module 2: Communication with Service
This 1-hour program identifies communication skills necessary for effective customer service.
- Identify the importance of building rapport through positive body language, written communication, and verbal communication
- Recognize the importance of listening skills
- Commit to using more appropriate and service driven expressions and phrases through group exercises and activity
Who: All newly hired employees are required to complete Module 2. Module 1 is a pre-requisite.
Module 3: Pace Service Mindset
This 1-hour department-specific program focuses on how to assist with difficult customer situations using the HEAT model. Module 3 is facilitated by each area’s respective Service Ambassador.
- Understand how a growth mindset can impact service values and delivery at Pace University
- Review Pace’s Service Values through a group activity demonstrating the difference between a fixed and growth mindset
- Assist with difficult customer situations using the Taking the HEAT model, a Pace service mindset and interactive role-play activity experience
Who: All newly hired employees are required to complete Module 3. Module 1 is a pre-requisite.
Register for Modules 1 & 2! Module 3 is facilitated by each area’s respective Service Ambassador and will be scheduled and communicated by the Service Ambassador.
Certificates are distributed by Human Resources upon completion of both Module 1 and Module 2.